CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek an Evaluation Specialist for the upcoming Midterm Performance Evaluation of USAID/Nepal’s Suaahara II Integrated Nutrition Program. The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to inform future programming and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Suaahara II implementation during the remainder of the project. The objectives of this evaluation are to:
- Assess the effective coverage and quality of Suaahara II services and interventions;
- Identify progress, successful approaches, and application of innovation and lessons learned to date in project implementation.
- Identify challenges, weaknesses, bottlenecks, and constraints to produce planned outputs.
- Review the programming logic (results framework and theory of change) to determine whether the project is on course to achieve intended results and impact.
- Examine the management structure and coordination practices with stakeholders.
- Examine the sustainability of project interventions in line with its current coordination practices.
- Recommend solutions for improving project implementation and results.
The mid-term evaluation team will consult with Suaahara II implementation staff, USAID project management team, and the GON; review existing evidence and literature relevant to Suaahara II implementation; and solicit feedback from program participants and key stakeholders on the quality of Suaahara II implementation, adjustments to be made, and opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as a member of the evaluation team, providing expertise and quality assurance on evaluation methods and issues.
- Participate in planning and briefing meetings, data collection, data management, data analysis, and development of presentations and reports.
- Provide quality control and timely delivery of deliverables.
- Coordinate closely with the evaluation team.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant technical area such as epidemiology, statistics, survey methods, economics, etc.
- Experience in health/nutrition program monitoring and evaluation, including designing and implementing evaluations.
- Familiarity with WASH, agriculture food security, resilience, and/or family planning projects is desirable and integrated, multi-sectoral program experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID health programs/projects, primary health care or health systems strengthening is preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID M&E policies and practices, including evaluation policies, results frameworks, and performance monitoring plans.
- Strong qualitative evaluation and analytical skills.
- Good presentation and writing skills, including report writing experience.
- Experience working in Nepal or the South Asia region preferred.