Evidence, Reporting and Communication
UN Children's Fund, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
Measurement of results and the communication of evidence and information as it relates to procurement systems options, including as appropriate, accessing UNICEF’s Procurement Services, are critical enablers for the achievement of the overarching vision of Procurement Services (PS) to becoming a significant contributor to the enhanced performance of UNICEF’s partners’ supply chains as well as to achieve a sustainable impact on the lives of children, women and adolescents. There has been an explicit call from both internal and external partners during the SD’s strategy and OMP development, and during the most recent Global Supply Meeting (GSM), to improve the communication and reporting around PS modalities of work, results that Countries have achieved through PS, and on the Financing and Domestic Resource Mobilization Strategy. The objective of this consultancy is to provide support for the development of tools, reports and communication materials to increase the documentation of evidence, both for the achievement of results, as well as for the process followed, to guide decision-making and to convey the vision and results in a tangible manner.
Key Tasks :
Under the supervision of the Procurement Services Manager (Planning and Financing) at Procurement Services Center, UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen, the consultant will:
- Review and develop communication materials, including case studies which detail strategy implementation and document the achieved results from a country and regional perspective through the provision of commodities and services, including considering supply financing solutions, procurement systems strengthening (and options such as leveraging PS), as appropriate;
- Develop a standardized set of materials which can be used for advocacy for supply-related opportunities and priorities, savings generated on behalf of countries, and easily adopted to a country-specific format.
- Produce material for internal and external uses to inform procurement systems options and domestic resource mobilization engagement (all for essential supplies) from a UNICEF Regional and Country Office perspective, including workshops.
- Design and develop monitoring tools and reports to support the timely reporting of country supply financing activities, including an annual report for the Vaccine Independence Initiative (“VII”);
- Finalize and disseminate communication materials from a country, regional and programmatic perspective documenting the provision of commodities and services on behalf of Partners;
- Finalize and disseminate communication materials to inform engagement on procurement systems and supply financing;
- Finalize a set standardized advocacy materials for supply-related opportunities and priorities, savings generated on behalf of countries;
- Monitoring tools and country supply financing related reports, including an annual report for the Vaccine Independence Initiative (“VII”) are developed
- Education: Master’s Degree in Public Health, Development, Economics, Business Administration, Other Relevant, etc.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years, Reporting, Development, Communication for Development, Supply, Monitoring & Evaluation, Other Relevant can be considered.