OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of the programme is to deliver WHO Core functions at country level with a particular focus on the Organization's directing and coordinating role for international health as expressed in the Constitution. The immediate objective is this function is to provide secretarial/clerical service to WR's Office. CAT 6: The immediate Strategic Objective is to develop and sustain WHO as a flexible, learning Organization, enabling it to carry out its mandate more efficiently and effectively.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the guidance of WR-BAN and the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Supports Senior Administration Assistant in the briefing/de-briefing of staff, provides information and verifies staff entitlements; Answer various human resources queries from staff;
- Assists in the recruitment process of all categories of staff and non-staff including the preparation of vacancy announcements; communicates with applicants and prepares offers/terms of employment;
- Prepares monitoring reports and statistics related to WCO-BAN personnel; updates organization charts and staffing tables; Assists in collection of background information/ documents for submission to SEARO and GSC.
- Reviews, maintains and updates confidential personnel information, records and files; Ensures completeness and accuracy of records and that follow-up system on actions are taken; Prepares administrative reports, Note for Record;
- Drafts routine correspondence related to human resources issues as required;
- Investigates follows-up and resolves payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; Prepares payment instructions
- Maintain and update Electronic and Manual filing system and; data base of Personnel Department;
- Assist in completing administrative formalities for the appointment of SSAs arranging for contract issuance, payments, and leave management.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- Essential: At least 5 years of experience in Secretarial/clerical position is essential.
- Desirable: Working experience in administration, preferably in HR area in WHO or another UN agency is an asset. Experience is Oracle-based or other ERP system would be an added advantage.
Skills: Very good knowledge of modern office procedures and practices, ability to draft correspondence, compile information and prepare summaries, take notes and produce required drafts, ability to carry out a wide variety of office management tasks. Knowledge of public health system and services in Bangladesh. The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, regulations and rules, organizational structure, in WCO-BAN.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bangla.