OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To provide policy guidance and support across SEA Region on financial / accounting matters, Imprest Accounts management, income/award, budgetary management, etc. Ensure effective controls exist and are operational regarding Imprest Account operations; and that monthly closure of Imprest Accounts is carried out in accordance with the standard operating procedures and eManual provisions.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Associate and overall guidance of the Budget & Finance Officer (BFO), the incumbent will:
- Examine the supplier invoices received for payment, payment request for staff allowances (e.g. night allowance), Hospitality / Courtesy expenses, reimbursements and other payment requests; and record transactions in the Regional Office Imprest Accounts in GSM.
- Carry out tasks associated with monthly closure of Imprest accounts, prepare bank reconciliation and follow-up for outstanding items.
- Prepare Journal Vouchers (JVs) for clearance of related General Ledger (GL) accounts ensuring proper supporting documentation.
- Prepare Imprest replenishment requests and review of replenishment levels from time to time.
- Process eExpenditure Batches in GSM for RO Imprest related transactions.
- Ensure orderly maintenance of various log-sheets in MS Excel and physical files related to RO Imprest Accounts containing all relevant records e.g. Imprest Returns, vouchers, etc.
- Prepare periodic reconciliation of Value Added Tax (VAT) GL pertaining to Imprest Accounts.
- Advise staff on payment processing and other related tasks.
- Draft comments/correspondence related to the incumbent area of work.
- Replace other Executive Assistants in BFU during their absence.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Essential: Secondary school education with specialization in budgeting and accounting.
- Desirable: Diploma/certificate of specialization in accounting and IT an advantage. Training in computer applications including excel.
- Essential: At least 5 years' experience in accounting / administrative work.
- Desirable: Experience in UN or a similar international organization.
Skills A good understanding of WHO procedures and ability to interpret WHO Manual provisions related to Imprest, standard operating procedures issued by ROs and HQ, etc.; Understanding of WHO ERP system (GSM) and accounting principles in general, an advantage; Skills to operate computer with ease; Excellent knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheets and its application for conversion of data into user friendly reports.
Other skills (eg. IT): Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills: Expert knowledge of English