World Vision , Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The core responsibility of this position is to provide administrative support to both respective Regional Leader (RL) and the Senior Director for Operations (SDO) in the most diligent, effective & efficient manner.
This support enables them, and their direct reports, to fulfill their objectives through effective organization, coordination, communication and planning.
- Serve as a point of contact for the office of the Regional Leader (RL) and Senior Director of Operations (SDO) handling matters in a confidential and professional manner.
- Assist Regional Leader and Senior Director of Operations with all correspondence (eg. Email, presentation materials) responding in a timely and appropriate manner, as well as documentation & coordination of monthly reports, board reports, among others.
- Manage their scheduling and calendar (using Lotus Notes and setting up Skype calls and WebEx meetings).
- Ensure Regional Leader and Senior Director of Operations are prepared for meetings, with agendas, materials, and minutes for conference calls, virtual meetings, and face to face events, coordinating as required with other support staff.
- Arrange and manage all travel logistics, including transportation, lodging, itineraries, visas, and passports.
- Complete expense reports for Regional Leader and Senior Director of Operations reconciling corporate card charges monthly.
- Provide logistical support for domestic and international meetings/events teaming with other support staff as appropriate and/or assigned, such as National Directors (ND) meetings, Senior Leadership Team (SLT) Retreat, Homeweek and other regional forums/events.
- Maintain timekeeping records for the Regional Leader and Senior Director of Operations, and approve timesheets for direct reports; submitting and approving expenses, ensuring meeting all deadlines of WV systems.
Regional Office Spiritual Nurture
- Work closely with Faith & Development (F&D) team to help facilitate the spiritual nurture of the Regional Office (RO) staff through office devotions, reflections and annual Day of Prayer.
- Support strategic projects assigned by both Regional Leader and Senior Director of Operations. This would include interface with direct reports, other stakeholders, and project teams to execute the project activities and ensure communications with stakeholders and Senior Leadership Team regarding the status of projects.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by either Regional Leader or Senior Director of Operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent related work experience of 3-5 years.
- Proficient with computer and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills
- Able to handle executive matters confidentially and with maturity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to World Vision objectives and ministry priorities. Support the whole Mission Statement, Core Values and Covenant of Partnership.
- Ability to identify and analyse situations and / or issues, consider options, develop and decide on solutions, recommend and / or implement and monitor appropriate solutions.
- See the “big picture” in complex situations by linking information or applying theoretical frameworks, by taking a systems view, or by considering an abstract, broader or longer term perspective.
- Build a logical approach to address issues, problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Self-starter with strong time management, coordination, prioritization, multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with a high level of ambiguity is a must.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Require ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be computer aptitude and experience in database management, spreadsheet software and internet usage