World Bank Group, Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Executive Assistant will be a core member of the World Bank Group Office in Thailand and will function under the overall supervision of the Country Manager.
His/her specific duties and accountabilities will comprise the following areas:
- Manages schedule, organizes and coordinates relevant briefing or background material for meetings. Screens and prioritizes incoming correspondence and messages, independently responding to extensive and diverse inquiries, liaising with others and making independent decisions when multiple courses of actions are required.
- Handle administrative and logistical arrangements for various events, such as senior official visit, visiting missions, conferences, workshops, retreats. Ensures timely submission and review of briefing materials and appropriate follow-up actions.
- Initiates and coordinates all aspects of the Country Manager’s travel schedule (i.e. ticket and hotel reservations, visa requests, etc.) including coordinating the travel and protocol needs.
- Drafts correspondence and prepares and ensures adherence to administrative guidelines and overall quality of outputs requiring the Country Manager’s signature.
- Responsible for minute taking at Office Management Team meetings, Crisis Management Team and other meetings, as necessary
- Provides general research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data and independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Establishes and maintains relevant files and databases for the Country Office. Ensure project documents filed according to regional standard.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for office management and maintenance, including official travel arrangements, maintaining and ordering the inventories of office supplies and other assets etc.
- Supports and works collaboratively with members of the immediate work team as well as with others in diverse work groups/teams/task forces, across Bank Group offices.
- Monitor communications between task teams in Washington and Philippines, and facilitate continuous and frequent flow of information.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of delivery, organization and coordination of office administrative support work.
- Responsible for maintaining overview of the Administrative and Client Service (ACS) staff work program and workload by collaborating and coordinating with task team members on scheduling and resolving work priorities, and coordinating ACS back-up and leave plan.
- Provides overall guidance and feedback to ACS staff and provide input to their performance evaluations as needed. Play a leadership role with respect to all issues related to ACS.
- Serves as ACS Learning Coordinator, coordinating ACS learning plan and serve as the member the ACS Learning Committee
- Additional ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by the Country Manager.
- High School Certificate/Diploma with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience or Bachelor degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interact diplomatically with clients and staff at all levels, recognized ability to exercise good judgment in interpersonal dealings at all levels and in handling confidential information
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills
- Effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
- Excellent verbal and writing/editing skills in English and Thai
- Excellent skill in preparing PowerPoint and other visual presentation
- Prior work experience in an international environment is an advantage
- Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and system