Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the Deputy Regional Director, the Executive Associate is accountable for procedural communications, operations and administrative support services, as well as specialized administrative functions, to enhance the smooth running of the supervisor's day-to day activities, as well as his/her section. Executive Associates also represent the supervisor in initiating, following up on and resolving issues pertaining to administrative requests.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- On behalf of supervisor, manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls.
- Communicate sensitive information to higher level managers.
- Follow up on established deadlines and ensuring timely submissions by staff of reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Maintain the supervisor’s calendar and arrange meetings.
- Organize official travel on behalf of supervisor.
- Preparing briefing materials for official trips or meetings.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating the inventory of items.
BUDGET MONITORING SUPPORT:
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of six years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- Thorough knowledge of UNICEF’s organizational structure, administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff.