Executive Associate to the National Director
World Vision , Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of Position
To offer executive and administrative support to the National Director ensuring that the office of the National Director is supported administratively for efficiency and supporting the National Director in his/her engagements with the Board including acting as an executive Board Liaison Person, the clerking of regular Executive Board and Committee meetings, supporting the engagement and collaboration with Board members, Chairs of Board Committees in order to support Governance and compliance for World Vision Kenya.
Governance & Legal 50%
- Provide excellent secretariat services to the WVK Board and governance team
- Support the Legal, Risk & Governance Senior Manager in planning, arranging and monitoring a schedule of meetings for the WVK Executive Board, Committees and other Board-related events.
- Attend and keep accurate records of Board, Board sub-committees and other meetings, collating and distributing agendas, minutes, meeting papers and other relevant documentation as required, using Boardvantage.
- Assist with administrative requirements associated with the appointment and resignation of Board members, including statutory registers / filings and to monitor terms of office.
- Maintain and regularly monitor Executive Board compliance in terms of documentation, conflict of interest, child protection & safeguarding, police clearances and submission of appropriate regulatory documents to the NGO Coordination Board.
- Support the Legal Risk & Governance Senior Manager in ensuring WVK’s compliance with statutory governance requirements through the collation of information or amendments to documents.
- Assist in the collation and preparation of statistics, management information and reports relating to Governance as required by the National Director & Senior Legal and Governance Manager.
- Assist with arranging, developing and maintaining programmes of induction, recruitment and training for Executive Board members and to monitor and record Board participation and engagement with training delivered by WVK.
- Liaise with Human Resources and Safeguarding team to monitor and ensure that Board Members’ checks and child protection training respectively.
Executive support for the National Director 35%
- Provide efficient administration functions of National Director’s Office to ensure cohesion and efficiency
- Conduct the post as an ambassador of the values and ethos of the organization with a focus on ensuring the best possible support for the delivery of high quality work
- Undertake any appropriate administrative or clerical work to support the National Director including data entry, filing, photocopying, diary management and mail distribution.
- Provide timely consolidation of the National Office monthly newsletters & Quarterly management reports.
- Coordinate and offer secretarial services to the Senior Leadership Team and Senior Management Team ensuring timely documentation and follow up on action points.
- Monitor implementation of plans of actions from taskforces and other stakeholders that report to National Director.
- Review contracts and documents forwarded for National Directors approval to ensure correctness and validity.
- Ensure safe custodial of NDs office assets and sufficient office supplies for efficiency
- Manage callers and visitors to the ND’s Office ensuring a win-win situation in access to the ND’s time
- Coordinate the domestic and internal travel plans for the ND, itineraries and agendas
- Support in the timely procurement, cash requisitions and reimbursements for NDs Office business expenses.
Collaboration & Networks 10%
- Participate in committees and taskforces, as assigned
- Participation in Inter agency workgroups and other Networks
- Any other Duty assigned by supervisor or designee 5%
- Participate in Trans teams and support other initiatives by partners in the spirit of integration
- Any other duties as might be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution
- Professional certification as Certified Public Secretary
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience in corporate governance or legal services preferably in a Non- Governmental organization
- Strong governance and legal background.
- Essential Desirable Substantial experience of working in clerking or secretarial role
- Experience of taking formal / professional minutes
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrable resilience and interpersonal skills
- Effective personal organizational skills
- Strong IT skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Analytical and critical thinker with ability to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects.