Executive Associate to the Regional Director (For Egyptian Nationals only)
UN Women, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the regional director office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Maintenance of protocol procedures;
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, missions;
- Preparation of informal translations;
- Management of Regional Director missions and meeting schedule;
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists;
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of Regional Director for his/her signature and making follow-up when required;
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the management office;
- Review, prioritize and promptly route correspondence to and from the management office. Take proactive follow-up action and keep management and internal/external clients and stakeholders informed of status;
- Review and verify completeness of required documentation and/or clearances (as appropriate) prior to submission for the Director’s approval/signature;
- Respond and/or direct queries to the appropriate office or staff member for timely action and/or response;
- Type and/or design presentation materials and other documents for management´s meetings and events;
- Maintain and organize up to date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Recommend and/or establish systems and streamline procedures to enhance the flow of information/communication to and from the management office;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made and actions taken. Coordinate the collection, verification, organization and/or submission of reports to and other briefing materials for management.
Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system;
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files;
- Facilitation of information sharing within the regional office and between other country offices in the region;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to Regional Director;
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence;
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organization of specialized trainings for secretaries;
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the regional director office.
- Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the regional director office and contributes to the overall success of the regional office. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
- Secondary school completion;
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- A minimum of 6 years of administrative experience preferably in a large or international corporation or organization;
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and web based management systems;
- Successfully passed UN clerical examination (ASAT);
- Knowledge of Atlas & IPSAS will be an asset.
- Written and oral proficiency in Arabic and English is required.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=68202