About the Organization:
Digital Green is a global development organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. They join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that are of the community and for the community. When farmers have the tools they need to connect with one another, they’re far more likely to apply what they’ve learned on their farms and in their households–improving their own livelihoods and those of others in their community, in a manner that’s nutrition-sensitive, climate-resilient, and inclusive.
Position: Executive Coordinator
This is a 2 year position which will be renewed based on the role requirement and funding availability. As a key member of Digital Green’s India team, the Executive Coordinator (EC) will work across the organization to support the County Director. The EC will serve as liaison to internal and external audiences including the Management teams, such as India Leadership Group (ILG) and the Global Leadership Group (GLG). The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communications, administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Coordinator will have the ability to work independently and under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The ideal candidate will be both detail and result oriented with a high level of commitment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Country Director; including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, coordinating itineraries, agendas, travel plans; completing expense reports, etc.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CD’s office and internal departments; demonstrating responsibility to maintain credibility, trust and support with the ILG.
- Working closely and effectively with the CD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement mails/letters, and other tasks that facilitate the CD’s ability to effectively lead the India team.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows through on tasks/activities to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Coordination, Support and Liaison
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external audiences and stakeholders.
- Assists in scheduling all team calls, coordinates the formation of the agenda and ensures meeting outcomes and recordings are appropriately and timely circulated.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in sensitive matters
- Assists in coordinating agenda for all team offsites and related matters.
- Follows up on contacts made by the CD and supports the cultivations of ongoing relationships.
- Provide scheduling and travel coordination for Board calls and meetings; draft meeting minutes and share materials / presentations
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in a professional environment (3-5 years)
- Tech-savvy, with knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office (familiarity with other systems, e.g. Box, a plus)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Be a creative thinker and problem-solver
- Emotional Maturity
- Have experience or be interested in working in diverse teams, including across cultures / countries / time zones
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.