Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the incumbent will play a key role in ensuring overall efficient operations of the Healthcare Federation of Liberia ("HFL") and the effective execution of all HFL activities. The position will be responsible for the organizational day-to-day needs of the HFL office, and will execute all core administrative functions. The position will support development, execution and oversight of HFL's activities around access to finance, members quality assurance, etc. The position will ensure that HFL is compliant with all governmental regulations, licensing, regulatory compliance, program policies and practices. The Executive Secretary will be the primarily lead on the Federation's communication channels and serve as the first point of contact who relays to the Board, members' needs and issues. The position will be hands on, interact and coordinate with the Board, HFL members, vendors, etc.
- Support improved Health Impact from private sector in Liberia and Ministry of Health ("MOH") engagement;
- Set up membership base and follow up on payment collection with members;
- Support the Board with the achievement of HFL's Strategic Plan Goals and objectives and Organizational Annual Performance; Management Plans;
- Support the Board in the achievement of Key milestones as laid out in Strategic Plan;
- Support the board and hired consultants in the development implementation of health programs;
- Ensure that HFL projects and initiatives are sufficiently funded and also budgets are effectively managed;
- Liaise with regional and continental Federation Partners;
- Represent HFL at meetings and events alongside the Board or where the Board is unable to attend, as the main representative of HFL;
- Manage administration and support organization of HFL meetings;
- Motivated, high performing individual who actively drives programmatic and strategic priorities.
- Business minded with good exposure in the health sector and will be able to see the "big picture" in a variety of settings.
- Affinity with the private sector and drive to increase participation and unification of the private health sector in Liberia.
- In particular he/she will have:
- Mandatory Academic Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Communications, Marketing, Public Health or Healthcare administration.
- Minimum of 2 years' work experience in Business Management, Public Health or Marketing;
- Experience in business management, financial management, with familiarity with diverse business functions such as sales and marketing, finance, human resources and supply chain.
- Experience in public relations and communications will be an added advantage.
- In-depth working knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practice.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with donors/development partners in health and a deep understanding of the health systems and service delivery context in Liberia.
- Experience in new business development, developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
- Work experience in Liberia
Skills and Competencies
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment, strong analytical, critical thinking, goal-oriented problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and planning skills.
- Computer literate; should be proficient with using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Experience working with or interacting with a Board.