AdvocAid, Sierra Leone, Based in Freetown with travel to project activity districts, Sierra Leone
Closing Date for Applications:
- AdvocAid is a highly respected human rights organisation working across Sierra Leone to pursue justice for women and girls. Founded in 2006, we are proudly celebrating our 15th anniversary in 2021, and are recruiting a new Executive Director to lead the organisation against our exciting new strategy, lead our brilliant and feminist team, and lead our role in advocating for women’s legal rights in Sierra Leone in partnership with our partners and allies.
- This role provides a really exciting opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking and high calibre individual who leads with feminist principles including kindness and empathy. We are seeking an excellent manager, someone with a passion and vision for our work, good time management skills, exceptional prioritisation and organisation skills, someone able to work in a sometimes stressful and always fast paced environment, and importantly someone who is willing to learn. It would be a bonus if you have managed an organisation before, have strong financial management experience, and human rights experience.
- As both a feminist and a women’s right organisation, AdvocAid believes strongly in being led by women, and will only accept applications from individuals identifying as female. We seek for AdvocAid to be representative of the diverse range of women we support, and strongly encourage applicants from the global south (Sierra Leone in particular), with lived experience of the justice system, and with disabilities.
- The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the high quality day-to-day running of the organisation - leading and overseeing all aspects of AdvocAid’s work in Sierra Leone, and being the voice and heart of AdvocAid both in Sierra Leone and internationally.
- Strategic Leadership - Delivering ‘Uman Get Rayt’ Strategy
- Organisational Oversight - Delivering overall management of the organisation
- People Management - Leading and building our team
- Financial Management - Maintaining a financially sustainable and efficient organisation
- Legal and Advocacy - Supporting and developing research, advocacy and campaigns
- Programme Management - Ensuring the successful implementation of projects
- Business Development - Leading fundraising and partnership development
- Organisational Strengthening - Strengthening and implementing policy and procedure
- Reporting - Leading on reporting to the Board
- See the uploaded job pack, including full job description and person specification, for all details.