Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations General Assembly resolution 71/251 established the Technology Bank for Least Developed Countries and adopted its Charter on 23 December 2016. The objectives of the Technology Bank include strengthening the science, technology and innovation capacity of least developed countries; and promoting the development and implementation of national and regional science, technology and innovation strategies.
This position is located at Technology Bank for the LDCs, based in Gebze, Turkey. The Executive Office Associate reports to the Managing Director of the Technology Bank.
Summary of key functions:
- Effective and efficient management of the Executive Office finance function
- Effective communications and administrative support to the office
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Managing Director’s office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensuring timely processing and payment of all office administrative expenditures and liaising with colleagues and external service providers when necessary
- Settlement of expense claims
- Assisting in efficient and discreet management of Managing Director’s schedules
- Assisting organization of special corporate events, such as luncheons, receptions for high-level invitees from missions, governments, UN agencies, governmental/non-governmental organizations and other partners
- Establishment of an effective network and exchange of information with internal partners and important business clients
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines when communicating with Government and other external partners;
- Development of effective systems and procedures to improve and streamline work and communication flow within the team, to meet high paced job demands and business requirements.
- Use of technology and electronic systems and tools to initiate work, share information with colleagues and clients.
Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in the review and monitoring of expenditures against the administrative budget
- Establishment and maintenance of all hard copy and electronic files, reference materials and confidential records as required, and evaluation of information for retention or disposal.
- Facilitation of information sharing with Programme and Operations Teams.
- Drafting of routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations in French when required.
- Preparation of spreadsheets, database files, presentation slides and tables ensuring appropriate style and accuracy of information.
- Assistance in management of the Managing Director’s missions and representation schedule, as well as related travel arrangements.
- Preparation of requests for recruitment of consultants including drafting/obtaining TORs, identification of consultants/firms.
- Provision of all other related administrative, logistical, protocol and secretary services for the Executive office.
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of new or temporary support personnel on office methods, systems and procedures.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Managing Director’s office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and promotes the image of Technology Bank as an effective service provider. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization
- Secondary/High School Diploma
- A bachelor’s or a master’s degree in Business Administration, Public administration Communications is desirable and may substitute some years of the required experience.
- 6 years of progressively responsible secretarial, finance, administrative, programme management experience is required at international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2007 and/or newer versions), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in event management desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of French is highly desirable.