Experts for Data Sciences on the Resource
United Nations University, Dresden, Germany
Closing Date for Applications:
UNU-FLORES invites highly motivated and committed local and international experts with relevant experience in data science, who are available for short-term assignments/projects, and who wish to support the research and training development of the Institute, to apply to our Consultants Roster.
- Experts applying to the Consultants Roster are available for consideration whenever relevant opportunities arise. They can be available rapidly and go through an expedited contractual process. Experts joining the Consultants Roster are also invited to actively apply to other vacancy announcements posted on our website. The following indicates a generic description of tasks and responsibilities. UNU-FLORES may select candidates from the roster once there is a suitable opportunity in the future and a more specific job description will then be shared.
- UNU-FLORES is seeking experienced, expert data scientists to collaborate with the institute and contribute effectively to the development and implementation of a research programme with a particular focus on data science within the field of integrated resource management. The ideal candidate will work in close collaboration with the academic team, analysing complex data, and developing insights through the use of mathematical modelling, predictive modelling, data mining, and data visualisation techniques to create innovative approaches to answer pertinent research questions. The selected candidates will need to communicate regularly with the academic team of UNU-FLORES and critical stakeholders, and prepare any required presentations and reports, as well as write research papers for publications in peer-reviewed journals and present at scientific conferences.
Required qualifications and experience include:
- a PhD related to the integrated management of environmental resources, data sciences, or a related field
- a minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressive, relevant work experience including managing research programmes in academia, research, or related institutions
- excellent statistical reasoning and analytical skills
- demonstrated programming skills
- proficiency in English, both in oral and written communications; knowledge of German would be highly beneficial
- excellent writing skills with proven success publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- highly self-motivated, innovative, and organised, yet detail-oriented, with a professional and conscientious attitude and the ability to independently prioritise
- excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity