External Partnerships Officer
World Food Programme , Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Closing Date for Applications:
To lead the development of new and existing partnerships with the government institutions and other relevant entities in order to advocate the work of WFP, and raise and mobilise resources for WFP to best support the Government to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Manage a portfolio of partnerships, with a specific focus on relationship management with the host government;
- Research and analyse current activities, political and social events of the government and other partners in order to identify issues that may impact WFP activities, inform the management team and propose positions on these issues;
- Identify opportunities to develop new and existing synergies with the national priorities - policy, strategies and programmes, and make suggestions to the management team in order to develop more effective and efficient approach to food assistance;
- Keep abreast with relevant discussion and feedback on issues of priority to WFP and its programme activities, gathered from government institutions, development partners and civil society, to engage them with intergovernmental/interagency discussion, and inform future activities
- Develop, maintain and strengthen effective relationships with the government institutions, UN agencies and other development partners, in order to keep them informed on important, strategic operational WFP issues;
- Represent WFP in relevant national forums, provide stakeholders with information on the strategy, design, relevance and impact of WFP’s programmes to increase WFP’s profile and advocate its cause;
- Participate in the implementation of relevant inter-agency initiatives, facilitating the coordination efforts between WFP and development partners to ensure that WFP positions are properly explained and taken into account in decision making, contributing to sustainable and impactful change;
- Coordinate and prepare accurate reporting on WFP activities, and prepare briefing documents for senior level management meetings with partners;
- Manage staff under the Partnerships, Communications and Reporting to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance;
- Other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Relationship management: Demonstrates ability to formulate and maintain strong relationships and develop networks with appropriate stakeholders, in particular within Government ministries/institutions. Leads in implementing identified strategy to raise the profile of an institution/organization, build relationships and further organisational aims.
- UN, development partner collaboration: Guides interpretation of an institution/organization’s partnering approach. Contributes to the determination of engagement strategies that inform the institution/organization’s relationships with specific partners. Analyses and identifies new synergies with existing partners and explores new partnership opportunities.
- Socio-political contextual understanding: Demonstrates deep understanding of the multilateral/interagency environment and the dynamics in which an institution/organization operates which influences approach to working, policy development and decision making.
- Information analytics, reporting and management: Demonstrates ability to conceptualise impactful means for reporting outcomes of multilateral/interagency dialogues to facilitate decision-making. Utilises partnership information and analysis to form insights which support fact-based discussion for enhanced partner relationships, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement. Maintains, manages and analyses information in appropriate management information systems.
Experiences to have developed productive relationships with representatives of host government, UN agencies, NGOs, civil society, and other partners will be an advantage.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Advanced university degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Journalism, International Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Tajik and Russian