External Relations Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Syria
Closing Date for Applications:
The External Relations Assistant will work giving support to Damascus mission pertaining the delivery of quality and relevant programming in agreement with external relevant stakeholders and counterparts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support in organizing the external and internal meetings of NRC. Take notes, share information, and follow up.
- Support in external communication as needed.
- Handle requests and requirements related to governmental entities in coordination with all concerned internal and external parties. Follow up on these requests closely, provide feedback, and escalate issues when needed.
- Register, scan, file and index all correspondences including MOU’s and Reports.
- Conduct field visits as needed.
- Support in organizing high-level missions into the country.
- Handle visa application process and the follow up.
- Support in compiling reports as needed
- Support in organizing Workshop/conference
- A university or institute degree in related field.
- At least 1-year experience in performing administrative tasks.
- Previous experience working with governmental entities / context is preferable.
- Strong organizational and team work skills.
- Good representation skills.
- Handling confidential documents and information.
- Prior experience of representing I/NGO is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Empowering and building trust.