Watan Syria, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
To manage the facilities and resources of WATAN buildings to ensure the long term viability of the building, offices and fixed assets Whilst the position has a practical focus, the incumbent is not required to personally provide maintenance in all instances but to manage tradespeople who have the specific skills required for the job.
Strategy and planning:
- Research and develop a plan to incorporate environmentally sustainable systems and design into the building wherever possible within the capital works budget
- Research and plan strategically to improve the physical environment of the building
- Provide a free flow of information to all staff, tenants and members regarding works that are being carried out that may affect their working conditions
- Review and develop systems associated with regular maintenance tasks that ensure minimal interruption to the daily operations within the building
- Manage the capital works and maintenance program for all aspects of the building spread in different geographical areas.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of all air conditioning systems, electrical and fire systems, plumbing and essential services
- Manage the security swipe key system and maintenance of it
- Manage the internal and external cleaners and any other persons regularly contracted for maintenance and/or repairs
- Ensure that works are carried out within agreed timelines and according to organizational priorities to ensure the smooth daily operational running of the building
- Ensure that all statutory compliance systems and occupational health and safety requirements are fulfilled including public safety and security
- Respond to, and manage, requests for repair in an equitable and prioritized way except for emergency repairs which must be dealt with immediately
- Maintain a register of preferred tradesmen and regular service providers in a central location for use of all staff if required
- Ensure that a disability audit is performed regularly and the associated disability action plan updated and implemented accordingly
- Manage fleets for organizations in different locations, and maintain adequate records and log sheets.
Qualification and skills:
- Minimum five years’ professional experience facilities management
- Experience in NGO
- Ability to deal with different stakeholders
- Ability to plan, set strategy for assets and facilities management.
- Team management skills.
- Organizing skills.
- Handle work pressure.
- High communication skills
- Ability to motivate continuous performance and improving efficiency.
- Ability to adapt to new environment.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, remote management , and strategic planning skills