FAO Bangladesh assists the Government to formulate policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and utilize environmental and natural resources in a sustainable way. It contributes to the development of FAO’s field programme projects in the country and implements them in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development.
Reporting Lines: The analysts will report to National project Coordinator/ ECTAD Country Team Leader.
Technical Focus: Provide technical support to TCP/BGD/3607 project in particular, support Government of Bangladesh Counterparts with training support as well as analytical laboratory and feed analysis.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare standard operational procedures (SOP) for the determination of nutrient composition and anti-nutritional factors in animal feed and will do analysis of animal feed samples at relevant Animal Nutrition Laboratory
- Coordinate and streamline the support and activities related to improvement of laboratory activities and the provision of equipment and supplies;
- In close collaboration with the National Consultant, he/she will develop of training material/module on laboratory for the DLS officers and laboratory staff and will provide training to them
- Special technical deliveries are: Method validation/ Standardization, equipment /method verification, implementation of quality management system according to ISO 17025, proficiency testing
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
- Master’s degree, preferably a PhD in Analytical Chemistry or Animal Nutrition related field from recognized university
- Must have experience on Quality control, Quality Assurance, Method validation, SOP preparation
- Must have experience using HPLC, UHPLC, LC-MS/MS, GC, GC-MS, AAS, ELISA, UV Spectrophotometer, ICP-MS
- At least fifteen years of relevant analytical laboratory experience including animal feed analytical techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and well computer literate.
- National of Bangladesh
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in English and Bengali languages
- Team player and experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Previous related work experience in Bangladesh