Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Samaritans Purse is a is a non-governmental, international relief
agency working with the victims of war, natural disaster and diseases
since 1970. Samaritan’s Purse is operating in more than 100 countries
around the world and active in the following sectors as FSL, Health,
Wash, Nutrition and Protection.
Samaritan’s Purse is providing humanitarian assistance through their
partners in Syria and registered to be active in Turkey since April
2016. Samaritan’s Purse will implement a “Winter and Special Needs”
assistance project in Ankara through the distribution of electronic
vouchers for a dignified mode of assistance. SP is looking for 2 (one
male and one female) based in Ankara. Field Assistant (FA) will directly
report to Turkey Program Coordinator (TPC). In accordance with the
program strategy and mission of Samaritan’s Purse, FA will provide day
to day direct management to Outreach Volunteers (OV) and maintain
overall responsibility for all aspects of field activities. In
conjunction with the Turkey Program Coordinator, FA will maintain a
strong relationship with Muhtars, community leaders and a partnership
with Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation. Based in Ankara, the
FA will be required to monitor field activities in, providing reports
back to the Turkey Program Coordinator.
· Introducing Samaritan’s Purse and their project to Muhtars and community leaders.
· Regular communication with “Sosyal Yardımlaşma ve Dayanışma Vakfı”
· Providing daily supervision to volunteers in program fields to ensure efficient, transparent implementation of the program.
· Visiting refugee houses and monitoring their living conditions when it is needed.
· Ensure high quality and accurate reporting of activities to Turkey Program Coordinator
· Providing timely records of field data into SP database.
· Keeping a track of complains and direct reporting to Turkey Program Coordinator.
Education / Experience Needed
Bachelor’s Degree or one-year related experience (preferably with a NGO) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Enthusiastic about field work and able to travel to field sites
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Willingness to undertake varied tasks
· Commitment and devotion to “Humanitarian Principles “and Samaritan’s Purse “Code of Conduct”.
· One year of experience in humanitarian sector.
· Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking.
· Good quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
· Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel
All candidates must hold an ID ( Afad Card ), Residency, Valid Passport/Turkish ID.
Samaritan’s Purse doesn’t provide an accomodation, all candidates must be based in Ankara.
Samaritan’s Purse- Turkey is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Please email your CV, cover letter, and three references (in English)
to the Samaritan's Purse Turkey Human Resources department at email@example.com. by 20th November, 2016 before 5 PM. All emails should include project recruitment code “ SPTRANKFA16001
Y(>_η in the subject line of the application. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted for the further selection process.