UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The selected candidate will work in close collaboration with all member of the C4D Section under the supervision of the C4D Chief. The assignment is office based in Cairo with frequent travels in the field. The payments are on monthly base.
SCOPE OF WORK
The C4D Field Coordinator consultant responsibilities includes:
- Support to strategy design and development of C4D activities
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, cultural, economic, communication and political issues in the country/region. Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D component of the Country Programmes of Cooperation (and UNDAF).
- Collect, draft and/or organize materials and related documentations for C4D strategies and plans (as a component of the CO and/or UNDAF Programmes) to ensure optimum impact, scale and sustainability of achievements/results.
- Assess and/or recommend appropriate information and materials for C4D initiatives verifying accuracy and quality for dissemination.
- Assess the impact of C4D activities on the CO and UNICEF goals to achieve measureable behavioral and social change resulting in the improvement of children's rights and wellbeing. Submit qualitative report/synthesis of results for development planning and improvement.
Support to the implementation of C4D activities
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to the design of C4D strategies, and research, develop, test, produce and use quality C4D materials and/or organize events and activities to ensure maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change of target audience.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support and background materials to carry out C4D activities and recommend operational strategies, approaches, plans, methods and procedures.
- Assess and recommend potential contacts, networks, resources and tools to support the maximum impact and outreach of C4D initiatives.
- Follow up on the production of C4D materials to ensure technical quality, consistency and relevancy of communications materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target audience (e.g. individuals, communities, government officials, partners, media etc).
- Collect, assess and organize information for budget planning and management of programme funds and prepare documentations and related materials for financial plan for C4D initiatives. Monitor/track the use of resources as planned and verify compliance with organizational guidelines, rules and regulations and standards of ethics and transparency.
Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organizations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self-determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF's mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Institutionalize/share best practices and knowledge learned/products with global/local partners and stakeholders to build capacity of practitioners/users, and disseminate lessons learned to key audiences including donors and partners.
- Support the organization, administration and implementation of capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/partners across programme sectors in C4D planning, implementation and evaluation in support of programmes/projects. Develop training materials for training activities, and revise them periodically for improvements and updates.
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES
Education: A university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Multimedia production experience is a must. Research experience is desirable.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
Language requirement: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.