The “Project for Planning, Implementing and Monitoring Health Strategies” will be implemented by the Ministry of Health (MoH) with implementation support from UNDP under the "Health System Strengthening and Support Project (HSSSP)" which is carried out under the Loan Agreement No. 8531-TR signed between the World Bank and the Government of the Republic of Turkey on November 26, 2015. The development objective of the HSSSP is to improve primary and secondary prevention from non-communicable diseases (NCDs), increase the efficiency of service delivery in public hospitals and enhance the capacity of the Ministry of Health for evidence-based decision making.
This project aims bringing the Project Development Objective and main objectives of the HSSSP in compliance with the MoH 2017-2021 strategic plan which is currently under preparation. The strategic plan will be implemented by the MoH.
Under the scope of this project, dedicated project teams will be established to provide analysis and implementation support with the participation of Ministerial and non-Ministerial experts for the interventions with a view to speed up the achievement of the objectives of the HSSSP.
For efficient monitoring and evaluation of project activities at the central level and in the field, dedicated teams will be set up to perform their services at the central level and in the field. These teams will be responsible for performing analysis, implementation support, and monitoring and evaluation activities for an effective coordination.
One of the above mentioned teams will be Coordination and M&E Team having three functions:
- facilitating coordination between the other teams and ensuring possible problems to be solved by following up the works during the implementation stage.
- establishing organizational linkages between HSSSP and the strategic planning (2017-2021 Strategic Work Planning) processes, and thereby ensuring that Strategic Work Planning will comply with the goals and objectives of HSSSP.
- Assuming the M&E responsibility after the completion of Roadmaps and Strategies
- Field Coordinators will be supporting the Chief Field Coordinator in monitoring and evaluation of healthcare service delivery of all health facilities in 81 provinces.
Objectives of the Assignment
Each Field Coordinator will be responsible for one or few of the 30 regions which have been identified for a more structured and effective implementation of the Project and will carry out a wide range of tasks related to monitoring and evaluation of healthcare service delivery in all health facilities within one of the specified regions. Number of field coordinators to be assigned will be determined by Ministry in line with the recurring needs of the Ministry. Possible field areas are listed in Annex 1 according to Ministry classification.
The Field Coordinators will work in close collaboration with the Chief Field Coordinator, UNDP Portfolio Manager, Ministry of Health and all other stakeholders including the relevant bodies attached to the Ministry of Health and teams set up for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
The SC is expected to assume the following tasks:
M&E activities carried out timely and effectively
- To monitor and evaluate healthcare service provided in the affiliated institutions of the Provincial Health Directorates throughout 81 provinces,
- To report to the Chief Field Coordinator so as to ensure that performance and assessment-evaluation activities are used in field in a more efficient manner,
- To propose solutions on performance evaluation, specification of indicators, evaluation and monitoring with a view to assessing the Provincial Health Directorates and managers in a more efficient manner,
- To provide support to the Chief Coordinator,
- To provide support to MoH Units in related fields to ensure efficient and effective collaboration and coordination,
- To collect, evaluate and analyze the data necessary in the field for the effective, efficient and accessible health service delivery,
- To regularly report to Chief Field Coordinator on encountered problems and interventions and the progress of HSSSP.
The progress under the project well monitored and reported
- To participate in the relevant dedicated group activities.
- To report good practice examples to Chief Field Coordinator in order to contribute to the effective and efficient service delivery in health institutions,
- To observe and evaluate the practices and activities of primary healthcare services, to report the observation and evaluation results to the Chief Field Coordinator,
- To participate in Provincial Health Service Evaluation works/meetings (when asked), to share the province/district observation results with the participants, to produce solutions to the encountered problems related to his/her field for the units.
Knowledge and experience built and disseminated
- To participate in national and international monitoring and evaluation works, meetings, congresses, trainings etc. for the purposes of following up the scientific developments, observing examples in other countries and introducing MoH in order to contribute to the project development objectives.
- Incumbent will be duty-stationed primarily in the Project Sites to be determined during the interview. The incumbent will be trained by relevant UNDP personnel on UNDP’s Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP), and will receive online security awareness training on “BSAFE”.
- The Field Coordinators will report to the Chief Field Coordinator or ISG Portfolio Manager assigned by UNDP (in the absence of Chief Field Coordinator) on monthly progress basis.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: University Degree from Medical Faculty (min. 6 years)
- General Qualifications: Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of Health
- At least 3 years of experience in healthcare management
- At least 3 years of experience in Performance Management or M&E or policy development/revision processes
- Having participated in training programs in the fields of his/her work (Quality, M&E, Project Management, Performance Management etc.)
- Having Certificate in the field of M&E and/or Project Cycle Management
- Previous work experience in international organizations.
Language requirements: Working Level Turkish and English
Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Windows-based applications, integrated web-based management systems, spreadsheets and databases