International Organization for Migration, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer, and under the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for the support of the IOM’s programme in the province of Maguindanao and neighboring provinces in line with IOM policies, standards and commitments.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist the programme team on daily programme’s operational requirements in the field;
- Support the programme team in the coordination with stakeholders, partners and preparation of community activities for the efficient and effective delivery of services based on programme workplan;
- Ensure timely and quality submission of all programme reports, updates on community information and other means of verifications to Programme Assistant in accordance with IOM and donor formats.
- Coordinate with relevant community partners and stakeholders, local government counterparts, civil society groups, and existing local private sectors network with the guidance of Programme Assistant;
- Maintain liaison with the programme team and support the programme visibility and local stakeholder’s engagements, as necessary.
- Undertake the necessary orientations and trainings on the frameworks and tools related to IOM partnerships with development partners;
- Undertake full engagement with the community on providing appropriate messaging, prompt completion of key activities and information dissemination related to protection, counter-trafficking and other issues relevant to the programme;
- Identify and document human interest stories related to (but not limited to) community effort and initiatives on counter trafficking, migrant protection and other topics related to the programme;
- Ensures full adherence to the principles of Do no Harm, and Conflict-Sensitivity Frameworks throughout the programme implementation;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Preferably having bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Peace Studies, Development Studies, Social Work, International Relations or other related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; Or,
- High School degree in the above fields with five years of relevant professional experience
- Experience on community development, social-cohesion, counter trafficking and protection, labour migration and migrants assistance programmes in post-conflict environments, preferred;
- Knowledge of BARMM context, post conflict settings, and on Mindanao protection issues is an advantage;
- Experience in working for public funded programmes (including UN programmes) is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (in dealing with colleagues and the community) is a must;
- Training and Facilitation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of conflict context and solid understanding of migration issues in Mindanao, an asset.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of cultural practices and context of the ZamBaSulTa Provinces.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point).
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Fluency in English and Filipino is required. Conversant in any BARMM languages.