FIELD FINANCE ACCOUNTANT
Action Against Hunger USA, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY .
being responsible for reconciling and consolidating field office expenditures into headquarters (HQ) accounting system that includes ensuring proper coding and posting of all accounting transactions related to field financial activity in compliance with procedures and policies implemented by the Field Financial Controller.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Reviewing and reconciling monthly expense reports from the field offices timely, “Due To/Due From” with field offices and other network offices, advances, record reclassifications, and petty cash expenses
- Maintaining cash flow report and achieving low checking account balances at field level
- Reviewing bank account reconciliations done at field offices
- Maintaining control over Field Assets and Liabilities
- Preparing audit schedules for field level audit
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a dedicated professional
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- You have at least 4 years’ experience
You have solid experience and knowledge:
- You have worked with fund and grant accounting processes
- You are familiar with Serenic Navigator
- You are able to perform excel functions using Microsoft Office Suite
You are passionate about humanitarian work
- You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger
- You can prioritize the workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- You are a fast learner and able to implement new processes
- You have knowledge of French and Spanish languages (preferable)