Description of context: MAGNA is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian organization whose objective is to provide medical aid to populations in crisis. MAGNA organizes humanitarian medical projects to help people in need, whether through poverty, disease, war, or ecological disaster and regardless of ethnicity, religion or nationality.MAGNA is independent of all states and institutions, as well as of all political, economic or religious influences.
Description of MAGNA:
MAGNA recruits medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, MAGNA has achieved respectable results. MAGNA for over 17 years has focused on providing medical care (primary, secondary, nutrition, sexual violence, HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases) on tree continents. Currently runs programmes in South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Ukraine and Cambodia.
You'll contribute to provide medical care to children and their families in crisis by being responsible for developing and managing financial tracking, resource flows, reporting and compliance for a specified portfolio of federal and non-federal grants/awards in support of MAGNA international programs. The Field Finance Officer provides technical financial support to the Operations Department and the field missions.
List of main activities:
- Reviews, supervises and ensures the regular production of the accounting reports from MAGNA field missions.
- Ensures the appropriate use of MAGNA financial resources.
- Oversees internal control processes, ensuring that MAGNA field missions are working in accordance with MAGNA internal financial procedures as well as all donor rules and policies.
- Proposes improvements in internal financial rules and organizes regular internal audits to check whether MAGNA field missions are compliant.
- Assists the Field Finance Controller in providing regular, accurate data to oversee the MAGNA field mission finances under his/her management.
- Supports his/her missions’ Finance Coordinators, providing technical guidance and coaching.
- Ensures compliance with funding agency regulations in a timely manner.
- Prepares, or oversees the preparation, of required reports to MAGNA and donor agencies (EU, ECHO, UN, etc.) based on field expenditures and allowable indirect cost rates.
- Assists the Operations Department in generating grant proposals by providing financial data as needed. Makes recommendations regarding budgeting to ensure reasonable provisions are included to meet general management, financial management, capacity-building and audit requirements.
- During the annual financial audit, serves as the contact with the auditors during field testing of international transactions and balance sheet items.
- Higher education, business school type, master's degree in management / finance;
- NGO experience in a financial position in the field, or in a similar position is desirable;
- This post assumes a good mastery of accounting and management procedures, an understanding of the rules of the donors (ECHO, EU, UN ...), extremely rigorous work, relational facilities with the various services and expatriates in the field;
- Mastery of the most common office software (Word and Excel), good command of English, French is a plus;
- Knowledge of accounting software SAGA is a plus.