Field IT Technician
International Criminal Court, Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of Field Office and close liaison with IMSS focal point for 2nd or 3rd level support and, where applicable, other Field Office functions, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Installation and support of ICT equipment and infrastructure in the field offices, including but not limited to: Desktop PCs, laptops, printers, VL equipment, scanners and communications systems/ devices (mobile phones, desktop phones, and 2-way radios), network status and connectivity, Citrix, etc.;
- Verify “health” status of equipment, perform preventative maintenance, account/ group administration virus definition and troubleshooting, etc.;
- End-User ICT equipment provisioning and inventory control;
- Assist on the receiving and inspection of ICT equipment sent to the field;
- Assist the ICC staff at the Field Office on the proper use of the ICT equipment, train them in the event of need and other functions as required;
- Travel to other field offices might be required occasionally (ICT support at other FOs outside CIV).
- Diploma of secondary education.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in Information Technology/Communication installation and support, telephony systems, wide and local area networks including experience with common-carrier data networks, VHF and HF communication equipment, is required. Microsoft and/or Cisco Network Certification or other network certification from any other recognized body highly desirable. An advanced or a first-level university degree may be considered as a substitute for two years' working experience only to determine eligibility.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and to deal with equipment vendors and carriers; Ability to run diagnostic programs to locate malfunctions and, in consultation with IMSS in the Hague, restore functionality;
- Knowledge of communication protocols, internet networks, port connections, wiring and cabling, and network fault and capacity management;
- Good communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with respect for sensitivity; Ability to work effectively and constructively in a team; determination to provide timely, proactive operational support in order to enable others to complete their mission
- Excellent planning and organization skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Willingness to learn new development and keep abreast of latest technology;
- Displays and embraces a “kaisen” philosophy of continuous improvement.
Knowledge of languages:
- Proficiency in oral and written French is required. Working knowledge of English is desirable. Knowledge of another official language of the Court (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) would be considered an asset. Knowledge of a local language would be an asset.