Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evSourcealuation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.
- USAID/Pakistan is funding the Sindh Reading Project (SRP) to improve early grade reading in public primary schools in Sindh. The 2018 endline study will provide evidence of progress made in student reading scores over the life of the program.
- MSI is seeking a field monitoring lead to both oversee a team of 10-15 field monitors (anticipated team size), as well as serve as the data management gatekeeper for data collected during fieldwork. MSI will be working with subcontract partners to conduct this Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) endline of SRP, and the field monitoring personnel will ensure the consistency and quality of the test administration and study.
- The field monitoring lead will develop field plans for site visits for each individual field monitor and follow up with him/her daily to make sure the monitoring visits are conducted according to MSI's developed methodology. The lead will be the first point-of-contact for the team of field monitors for any issues and questions encountered in the field, and will deal with each issue accordingly along with the data collection lead and the assessment lead.
- The field monitoring lead will also manage a dashboard for incoming data during the fieldwork phase of the assignment, and complete initial checks of the data to make sure it is all being received, complete and in full, from all data collection teams each day.
- This assignment is of short-term duration, expected to last between 10-12 weeks beginning in August 2018.
- Supervise the team of field monitors, including a) developing their daily work plans for site visits, b) following up with each daily to hear feedback and channeling that feedback appropriately, and c) ensuring the overall quality, consistency, and performance of MSI's field monitoring role during this endline.
- Lead the training sessions for field monitors on all of the field monitoring tools that will be used in the endline, detail some assessment procedures that they will monitor, and delineate the field monitors' role and responsibilities (especially in how it differs from that of the quality control officers' role).
- Participate in the training session on the standardized administration of EGRA tools and survey questionnaires along with the field monitors, quality control officers, supervisors, and enumerators;
- Co-develop field monitoring plans for schools visits along with each field monitor.
- Liaise with the assessment lead and data collection lead as needed to convey messages during fieldwork and ensure that quality and consistency in the test administration are being achieved.
- Prepare regular report updates as required.
- Participate in debriefing meetings with the assignment manager, assessment lead, and others as needed.
- Complete other duties as directed by the assignment manager.
- Manage a dashboard to monitor incoming data from the tablets in the field Sourceeach day during data collection.
- Ensure that data is full and complete as expected, and direct questions appropriately towards the data collection lead/other responsible party.
- Work with the MSI home office team to ensure that the incoming data is uploading to MSI's servers.
- Participate in debriefing meetings with home office staff/others as scheduled.
- Manage any questions from MSI home office during data cleaning/analysis.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the assignment manager.
- At least a bachelor's degree in the social sciences or a related field, master's degree preferred.
- At least seven years of managerial experience of assessments, surveys, monitoring assignments and evaluations, and other assignments requiring a field data collection effort.
- Experience managing assessments of primary school students a plus.
- Proven experience with data management.
- Excellent analytical skills, and English oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a large team of dedicated professionals.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and produce quality work.
- Fluency in Urdu.