Field Office Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Khost, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The Field Office Coordinator will be responsible for direct line management of support staff and administrative line management of program staff at field office. The post holder is expected to manage the day to day HR, Admin, Finance, Logistics and security tasks with close collaboration with the Area Manager and administrative support to program staff and to provide timely and quality reports. Adhering to the NRC policies, procedures, guidelines and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) including the security policies is mandatory tasks of the post holder.
You can read more about this position here: Job Description and NRC Grade StructureDuties and responsibilities
- Manage support staff at field office level
- Supervise day to day HR & Admin, finance, logistics and security tasks of the field office
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, procedures and SOPs/guidelines in the field office.
- Ensure adherence to Security and Risk Management policy and procedures
- Coordinate and assist with budgets and costs for the field office’s shared costs and support functions with the field office
- Provide support to smooth project implementation at field office level
- Coordinate representation meetings with the UN, partners and authorities with field office
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Administration/ Human Resources, Finance, Logistics and IT in the Field Office but where responsibilities are delegated to the different functions
- The field Office Coordinator in cooperation with the Area Manager shall ensure optimal use of human resources in the support department, including review funding and budget for its smooth running.
- Proofread contracts before recommending for signatures and make recommendations for improvements /corrections if needed
- Supervise allocation of office space in a fair and transparent manner
- Ensure communication and understanding of National Staff Handbook, Code of Conduct and other regulations by all staff
- Support the organization of general meetings and weekly Management Team meetings
- Control recruitment procedures and participate in selection panel when necessary
- Support and advise the Area Manager for disciplinary issues
- Ensure that all staff have their performance appraisal done and any training needs are included in the overall training plan
- Review cashboxes codification and balance before closure
- Review monthly cash request to Kabul & monitor the level of cash flow and transfers
- Facilitate the sharing and use of office support budget among project budgets
- Monitor the level of cash advances and support the administrator for prompt balancing
- Support logistics team in ensuring transparency of procurement especially for tenders
- Spot check some procurement procedures via independent quotations
- Advise on the fleet management and car accident settlements.
- Regularly visit storage and control that warehouse documentation is up to date
- Participate in the monthly inventory of stocks
- Support, orientate negotiations with contractors for rents and other services
- Represent NRC in sub national forum and clusters.
- Administrative support to the program staff in field office.
- Bachelor degree in business administration and master degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years ‘Experience from working in support & programme functions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Honest and kind
- Respectful and right observer
- Straightforward and positive thinker
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Knowledge of the context
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environment
- Dedicated, Innovated and committed.
- Managing resources to optimize results