FIELD OFFICE WASH MANAGER
Save the Children, Jacmel, Haiti
Closing Date for Applications:
- The post holder is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of an EC-funded pilot urban sanitation project in Jacmel, and has a strong background in sanitatoin marketing or WASH engineering. S/he will work in partnership with local organization CRESFED and in association with the government, to deliver a comprehensive programme that supports Haiti to make tangible progress towards its Millennium Development Goal on sanitation: to halve, by 2015, the proportion of the population without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years of senior management experience in an NGO environment, managing health, water & sanitation engineering, community mobilization, behaviour change communication, social marketing, or other similar development operations.
- University degree in engineering, health, development or other relevant social sciences.
- Good understanding of the public health needs of poor rural and urban communities, including the particular needs of women and children, and of appropriate ways of tackling them.
- Experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in engineering/ technical software, particularly Auto Cad.
- The ability to prepare concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems.
- Experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development.
- Willingness to travel on short notice, and often in difficult circumstances.