Field Protection Manager
Danish Refugee Council , Larissa, Greece
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the Area Manager with technical support from the Protection Coordinator, the FPM provides supervision, management and support to DRC protection staff (protection monitoring team, legal-aid and roving cultural mediator teams, CFS and WSS teams in DRC sites in Central Greece. Moreover, s/he will ensure Protection mainstreaming in integration activities. S/he will be responsible for the overall supervision and implementation of DRC Protection activities in DRC sites in Central Greece, will coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs, providing on-going support to DRC staff, ensuring that DRC relevant policies and strategies are strictly adhered to..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment and daily management of relevant DRC Central sites staff
- Ensure that all staff members have a good understanding of and adhere to DRC policies and Code of Conduct
- Provide technical support, supervision and guidance to the protection monitoring, legal-aid, roving cultural mediators’ , CFS and WSS teams at the field level (incl. development of technical tools and guidance, tailored capacity building plans, training and on-the-job coaching and mentoring);
- Ensure positive and collaborative working relationships between team members, as well as strong collaboration and information mainstreaming between DRC teams/departments across DRC Central sites (Protection, SMS, Helios staff)
- Undertake all protection-related financial, administrative, logistical and HR procedures
- Ensure timely and sound implementation of protection activities in relevant sites;
- Ensure preparation of sound work-plans for protection teams in the field;
- Ensure that staff adhere to general protection, child protection and GBV best-practices and professional standards and principles through capacity-building and on-the-job support;
- Ensure regular update of referral matrix/tools and documentation of protection tools, trackers, files and other means of verification by protection staff;
- Consolidate protection monitoring reports received from protection staff and draft periodic analysis
- Ensure that indicators to measure impact and performance on protection programme delivery are met
- Ensure that the project and associated activities are implemented in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements.
- Ensure that the implementation of projects complies with quality standards and is monitored in accordance with pre-defined objectives and indicators.
- Work closely with Protection Coordinator and Legal Coordinator to ensure DRC minimum standards, protection principles and policies are promoted during program implementation.
Program Development and Reporting
- Write and ensure the timely submission of high quality internal and external reports on project activities in compliance with internal DRC requirements and any relevant donor requirements;
- Identify gaps and contribute to new projects development, including narrative and budgets, by coordinating and compiling inputs from other technical and support staff. Identify partnership opportunities and makerelevant suggestions. Provide inputs for partnership agreements and takes the lead in networking initiatives for the development of DRC protection activities in DRC Central sites
- Identify trends and proceeds with context analysis, so as to propose essential changes in approach and scope.
- Provide relevant inputs to the Area Manager and collaborate closely with the Protection Coordinator and Legal Aid Coordinator on program development including inputs on proposal writing when needed. Contribute to the development of technical tools, guidance notes and SOP in line with the needs of the program.
Finance and Administration
- Support in the development of budgets and spending plans.
- Maintain a budget overview of all relevant projects and activities, monitors spending and ensures the timely utilization of all grants.
- Support teams to ensure full compliance with DRC and donor financial guidelines and policies.
Representation and Coordination
- Attend all relevant fora and meetings/working groups, with the objective of making positive contributions to coordination and strengthening DRC’s position. Chair/co-chair relevant Protection Working groups at field level. Participate actively and share feedback on GBV/CP and other field level coordination for a/meetings.
- Identify and foster professional and constructive relationships with government and municipality authorities, as well as with all relevant actors and stakeholders throughout DRC Central sites
- Proactively seek for coordination opportunities with stakeholders and counterparts at field level including EODY, RIS, EASO and relevant service providers (Counseling centers, hospitals etc)
- Coordinate with local implementing partners to ensure complementarity of services and smooth collaboration between DRC and implementing partners adhering to the principles of effective partnerships.
- University degree in international relations, management, human rights, social science or related field
- Minimum 3-5years professional work experience with relevant projects and proven experience in managing interdisciplinary teams.
- 2-3 years project management and protection experience.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of Greek is highly desirable
- Extensive experience in representation, inter-agency coordination and networking.
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- High professional ethics
- Strong understanding of the refugee context in Greece, including legal framework, access to social rights and benefits, stakeholders and gaps.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national and multicultural environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff, authorities and other stakeholders
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are needed
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills is a must, and a good sense of humor.