Microsave Consulting, Makassar, Indonesia
Closing Date for Applications:
Field Supervisors (4):
Category: Research and Development
Career Level: Mid-level (2-5 years of experience)
Employment Type: Contract-for 15 months
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in in the field of economics, statistics, sociology, anthropology, development studies, psychology, entrepreneurship, or a related field
Location: Medan (1), Bandung (1), Yogyakarta (1), and Makassar (1)
About the company
- MicroSave Consulting (MSC) is a boutique consulting firm that has, for 20 years, pushed the world towards meaningful financial, social, and economic inclusion. With 11 offices around the globe, about 180 staff of different nationalities and varied expertise, we are proud to be working in over 65 developing countries. We partner with participants in financial services ecosystems to achieve sustainable performance improvements and unlock enduring value. Our clients include governments, donors, private sector corporations, and local businesses. We can help you seize the digital opportunity, address the mass market, and future-proof your operations.
About the project
- MSC is partnering with New York University (NYU). The research is about understanding small firms, investigating their cash-flows, and finding out factors and impediments to their growth. In Indonesia, the study will be conducted in Medan, Bandung, Yogyakarta, and Makassar.
- The Field Supervisors are responsible for ensuring the quality of the data collection is of the highest standards in the assigned study area. The field supervisor will intensively supervise the field researchers and the overall process in detail. The work includes providing onsite technical support to field researchers; support in arranging participants for interviews; ensuring data quality as well as compliance to ethical and survey protocols during interview and data management.
- The Field Supervisor shall be directly supervised and work closely with the Field Manager and Project Manager.
- Administering research tools - how to ask questions, how to check completed diaries/data entered by diarists to identify issues
- Managing data quality – protocols for data quality checks, administering back check tools
- Soft skills - giving feedback to field researchers, motivating and
- managing teams
- Project management – coordination with relevant project stakeholders
- Troubleshooting minor issues
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative field research and experience dealing with applicable local regulations and authorities
- Experience organizing or leading a project or programme
- Experience doing sport checks and back checks in data collection. Shall be proficient in managing logistics, develop field plan, on-ground troubleshooting, etc.
- Good understanding of how small business functions in the country (ideally comes from small business owner’s family)
- Good excel skills
- English- Verbal and spoken mandatory
- Bahasa- Verbal and spoken mandatory