Final Programme Evaluation Consultant
UN Women, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose and Use of the Evaluation
- FGE was established as a bold investment in women’s rights, testing a more focused and better-resourced modality for catalysing and sustaining gender equality and efforts.
- Its founding Programme Document sets forth its mandate to track, assess, and widely share the lessons learned from this pioneering grant programme and to contribute to global know-how in the field of gender equality.
- Undertaking Strategic Final Evaluations of programmes are a vital piece of this mandate.
- The main purposes of a final evaluation are the following:
- Provide credible and reliable judgements on the programmes’ results, including in the areas of programme design, implementation, impact on beneficiaries and partners, and overall results;
- Provide high quality assessments accessible to a wide range of audiences, including FGE donors, UN Women, women’s rights and gender equality organizations, government agencies, peer multi-lateral agencies, and other actors.
- Identify novel/unique approaches to catalyse processes toward the development of gender equality commitments;
- Identify particular approaches and methodologies that are effective in meaningfully and tangibly advancing women’s economic and political empowerment.
Improved evidence-based decision making:
- Identify lessons learned from the experience of grantees in order to influence policy and practice at national, regional and global levels;
- Inform and strengthen UN Women´s planning and programming by providing evidence-based knowledge on what works, why and in what context.
- A Masters or higher level degree in International Development or a similar field related to political and economic development, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience undertaking evaluations is required;
- Substantive experience in evaluating similar development projects related to local development and political and economic empowerment of women;
- Substantive experience in evaluating projects with a strong gender focus is preferred;
- Experience working in Egypt is preferred;
- Experience working on gender, added value of expertise in undertaking gender-sensitive evaluations.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills are required;
- Working knowledge in Arabic is strongly preferred;
- Consultants without Arabic language skills are encouraged to partner with a local consultant.