Finance & Admin Officer
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Finance & Admin Officer role will be responsible for timely and accurately handling all admin and financial matters, including payments, bank bookings, bookings of projects, preparation of invoices, etc. in support of operations in Rwanda; in order to contribute to SPARK’s ambitions.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare payments, including collection of approvals and back-up documentation, in order for the Regional Financial Manager and/or the Country Manager to confirm the payments;
- Handles Bookkeeping and makes Bank Transactions under supervision of Regional Finance & Admin Manager;
- Process Instalment requests, including collection of approvals;
- Enter bookings (CC, bank statements, declarations, etc.), to allow for internal and external control;
- Project administration and support to project partners and SPARK Rwanda team;
- Prepare and Submits Orders for Purchase;
- File back-up documentation (Z drive), in preparation of the external audit;
- Facilitate day-to-day Finance administration and Project Logistics when needed;
- Oversees office supplies and Ordering them as needed;
- Inventories office Equipment;
- Administrating Car use and bookings;
- Other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Requirements and Skills
- 2 years of experience in finance, administration or project management;
- Graduate from a higher education institution, preferably with Accounting or Finance;
- Used to project-based working;
- Working-experience in international development (INGO) in Rwanda is highly desirable;
- Good oral and written language skills in English and Kinyarwanda; knowledge of French is desirable.
- Good team worker while able to work independently with good organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of automated Accounting systems and ERP systems;
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software;
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet);
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness;
- Ability to detect errors;
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines;
- Ability to determine work priorities;
- Accurate, structured and precise;
- Responsible, honest, high energy, pro-active and service minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- Rwandan Nationality or in possession of work permit.
- A dynamic and exciting position in an international environment;
- A gross monthly salary between € 800 and € 1400 depending on professional experience and based on a fulltime appointment of 40 hours with possibility for extension;
- On-the-job training opportunities.