FINANCE & ADMIN OFFICER
Islamic Relief, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
To lead administrative and finance tasks in the area office by facilitating administrative and financial procedure including payment, record keeping, archiving, reporting etc following IRW accounting principles and policies. This field-based position also holds responsibility for administration of operational documents and procedures in terms of human and material resources at both field and office level, and support with logistical needs to provide operational support for IR field teams.
Accounting & Financial Management
- Preparation of journals, first-hand review of payment requests documentations and data entry in AX to ensure segregation of review and approvals among finance staffs.
- To ensure that financial transactions are processed in accordance with IRW applicable accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- To ensure that financial transactions are accurately recorded in the bankbook / cashbook in a timely manner.
- To ensure that financial transactions are accompanied by appropriate and relevant supporting documentation dually signed and authorized by relevant budget holder.
- To review and check financial supporting documentation for integrity, accuracy and completeness before transaction is approved for payment.
- To ensure that financial records, both paper and electronic formats, are up to date, filed in an orderly manner, kept securely, and easily retrievable.
- To submit to monthly financial reports on time to country office and any other reports as required.
- To ensure that a complete and accurate record of all petty cash transactions is maintained at all times, that petty cash expenditure are fully monitored and reconciled, and that requests for replenishment are made in a timely manner or as and when required.
- To prepare budget v actual analysis on a monthly basis or as and when required highlighting major variances for follow up and action.
- Set up Archiving and Records Management in the area office.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register and maintaining the same.
- Provide inputs regarding Admin & Finance best practices and procedures for policy revision.
Administration and Logistics
- Manage and monitor the chain of supplies:
- Receive the purchase orders and keep their follow-up up to date;
- Maintain monthly purchase records;
- Keep the different departments informed of the treatment given to their orders;
- Monitor and track flow of project materials.
- Conduct supply checks (quality, price, procedure etc);
- Follow the management of stocks (storage conditions, report, expiry date);
- Check on the delivery to the departments, bases and projects.
- Supervise use of equipment, communication equipment, and any project vehicles:
- Supervise allocation and use of equipment;
- Ensure installation, maintenance et repairs of the equipment;
Update the assets lists as required;
- Ensure the availability of vehicles and their due care and maintenance, monitor price fluctuations, administration (insurance, documents), scheduling.
- Support and facilitate the renovation/maintenance of structures needed for the functioning of the base (programmes, offices, accommodations, warehouse).
- Reports stock checks and record keeping, vehicle use, equipment conditions/loss/damage through weekly reporting.
- Completion of monthly reports on field logistics to the Logistics Manager.
- Degree in business administration
- Strong numeracy skills and attention to details.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a proactive approach to identifying and resolving problems and suggesting improvements.
- Strong computer literacy, and proven experience of computerized accounting package AX. Strong proven experience in using Excel Spreadsheets.
- Able to conduct rigorous checks on material quality and compliance with process.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.