ABOUT THE RAINFOREST ALLIANCE:
We are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal.
The Rainforest Alliance works at the intersection of business, agriculture and forests. By bringing diverse allies together we are making deep-rooted change on some of our most pressing social and environmental issues. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people mitigate and adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways.
Our alliance needs you, whoever you are and wherever you stand. By joining forces with producers, businesses and consumers, we can transform our relationship with the land and forests we rely on. We can make that relationship work better for all.
Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Finance & Administrative Generalist India, is a key member of the Regions and Support units (Finance & Administration and IT) teams which includes Global Internal Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, IT, and Accounting and supports the Country Manager. S/he will manage the day-to-day business administration and human resources support for a country office and/or any associated satellite offices located within the country, in line with global guidelines and procedures.
- Manage national facilities including office budget, office space, home-based offices, vendors, lease, purchasing, country information, coordinate national safety & security planning, and serve as IT point-of-contact in country in coordination with Country Director.
- Oversee any logistics for country visits by RA executives.
- Work closely with the Regional GIC lead and in coordination with the legal team as needed to ensure branch/subsidiaries meets all compliance requirements and ensure procurement and national contracts meets all RA and donor requirements.
- Provide HR support in recruitment processes, onboarding, oversee performance management process and work closely with HRBP and Country lead on employment relations issues in country; providing guidance on local employment law, as required.; and, ensure compliance with Rainforest Alliance HR policies and procedures.
- Perform bookkeeping (as necessary) and preparation of monthly Office Accounting Report in coordination with the Regional Accounting lead ensuring timely monthly close information is provided to Regional Lead, local staff training on timecards & expenses, manage locally issued corporate cards, facilitate local banking relationship, audit coordination, compliance with accounting P&Ps, coordinate with field offices/other RMs as needed, and preparation/submission of all local filings (tax and others).
- Provide financial management support (budgeting, financial reporting) as requested for in country programmatic activities and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
- Professional experience with book-keeping, and contractual management; human resources administration experience required;
- Able to navigate competing demands on time with a proactive and positive outlook;
- Preferable: 2-5 years of national tax compliance experience
- Solid knowledge of procurement processes and regulations;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Hindi;
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially;
- Experience in a global work environment and/or international nonprofit organization preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% per year in the field, nationally.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.