WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- WorldFish’s Financial Management Unit is seeking for a Finance Analyst to work under the supervision of Senior Accountant (Budget and Reporting) to prepare, develop and analyze the management accounting information and produce quality reports on the CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). S/he will also assist in developing CRP annual operating budgets, budget revisions, maintain up-to-date information in system on budget, and cost recovery rates on CRPs.
- Prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information and provide quality management reports on all CRPs.
- Coordinate CRP budgets and maintain up to date information in the accounting system.
- Analyze CRP spending and provide key financial inputs including variance reports and follow up actions.
- Monitor spending of matching funds, reporting and follow up actions.
- Review and update finance policies, procedures, workflows and methods.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Head of Finance.
Essential Skills and Qualification
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional accreditation such as MIA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent certification are preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in management accounting, budgeting, financial analysis or research, preferably in a multi-national firms or international not for profit organization.
- Strong knowledge of financial and management accounting and reporting.
- Highly analytical and ability to provide accurate and timely reports.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel & Access) and MS Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Familiarity with ERP based financial system will be an advantage.
- This position will be based at WorldFish’s headquarters in Penang, Malaysia. The initial employment contract will be for a three-year term, with possibility of renewal. It is a mid-level position which is open for Malaysian national (NRS) only. Salary and benefits will be in compliance with WorldFish NRS remuneration policies.
- WorldFish is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are encouraged to apply.