Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Provide financial management services supporting various IFC business lines, products and service including Investment Services, Advisory Services and AMC.
• Draft MOU with IBRD, AMC for Singapore office cost sharing. Monitoring the expenditures are duly booked according to MOU.
• Provide day to day guidance to country office staff on finance process. Ensure WB/IFC accounting and administrative policies and procedures are communicated and followed by staff.
• Work together with IBRD on managing the Singapore Government subsidy. Monitor the subsidy is correctly booked to related business units.
• Work closely with the Regional Facility Analyst monitoring capital budget and depreciation.
• Work closely with Singapore Hub Manager and the regional team on country office budget formulation;
• Help monitor and prepare the monthly report related to Singapore Office. Monitoring budget availability; analyzing budget variances.
• Implement and maintain adequate financial control systems over the Singapore Office financial transactions and business operations, including review of effectiveness of the internal control systems and monitoring;
• Works with Singapore Hub Manager to ensure a strong control environment in the office, providing advice on control issues.
• Ensures that audit, quality assurance review and IRI recommendations are implemented;
• Be a member of the CEA finance team, work with other finance staff on regional initiatives, (e.g. Regional Reports)
• Liaise proactively with other key functions such as HR, Mobility, IT, IBRD in ensuring optimal support to the Hub office and managers/staff.
• Keep track of administrative expenses (consultant requests, procurement and contractual services), which require approval in SAP. Monitoring expenditure and charge backs.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic knowledge of cost accounting theory and principles and good understanding of budget and financial planning concepts and practices.
• Good knowledge of IFC project cycles and impact on departmental budget and resources.
• Good knowledge of WB/IFC accounting and administrative policies and procedures
• Ability to compile and prepare effectively easy-to-follow quantitative and qualitative data documentation.
• Excellent organization and analytical skills and attentiveness to details.
• Takes initiative and assumes accountability for own work: ability to multi- tasks and to deliver on tight deadlines.
• Capacity to manage client expectation and to work independently.
• Strong data and report presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and writing/verbal communication skills.
• Shows respect and consideration for different cultures in all communications and interactions with staff.
• Proficient in SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and IDesk.