IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
Under IFC 3.0 realignment, the Budget and Business Administration Department (CBA) comprises the IFC Reports & Analytics, Facility & Administration functions as well as Finance and Strategic Partnerships (CBAFP) comprising IFC’s Budget and Finance Network supporting its operations and corporate clients.
The Finance and Budget Unit of the Latin America and Caribbean Region (CBALA) is responsible for work program planning, budgeting, budget & financial reporting and resource management for all the offices in LAC Region. In addition, in country offices, CBALA staff performs accounting, payment processing, cash management and administration functions. Overall, CBALA ensures that each Country Office maintains cost efficiency and effective controls over all financial transactions and provides support for effective management of resources.
The Finance Analyst will work under the guidance of the Finance Officer and regional Financial Controller of the region. The individual will hold finance and budget responsibilities, including financial accounting, accounts payable function, will be responsible for budgeting and reporting of country office and regional centralized overheads (“CMO”), provide day-to-day support to advisory team of regional industry as assigned, and prepare various analytics related to the functional areas.
Role & Responsibilities:
Regional Support Activities
- Be accountable for the regional centralized overheads budget. prepare forecasts, expenses analysis and reports as necessary.
- Support advisory services team in its daily operations.
- Support Finance officer and Regional Controller in an overall AS or Upstream initiatives, as assigned.
- Support LAC finance team in budgeting, reporting, and financial data analysis.Participate as a member of regional projects teams as needed
Corporate Support Activities
- Respond to queries from the Corporate Imprest Service Desk/Chennai-India, or others as required.Participate as a member of corporate projects teams as needed
Country Office Accounting, and Finance& Budget Activities
- Perform fixed assets custodian role and ensure compliance with World Bank Group (WBG) policies and procedures.
- Ensure VAT refund.Ensure implementation of country office modernization activities, including implementation of payments through Global Payments Provider.
- Review regularly expenses for accuracy, proper approval, and identification of expense category, and ensuring correction of any errors or discrepancies.
- Work with Country Manager and Finance Officer to ensure a strong control environment in the office, providing advice on control issues.
- Ensure that audit and quality assurance reviews’ recommendations are implemented.
- Provide advice and guidance on WBG policy and practice.
- Share new resource management & accounting and administrative policies and procedures and ensure these are communicated and followed by staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics with at least 5 years of working experience.
- Recognized professional accreditation (CPA, CMA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.) is a plus.Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, financial accounting reporting, and cost allocations.
- Diligence and attention to details.Working knowledge of Imprest Accounting related SAP processes and transactions.
- Prior WFA Global efficiency projects ( ex. GPP ) implementation experience is an advantagePlanning and budgeting skills proved by experience: able to produce standard activity and unit-level reports and budgets using inputs from senior staff or operational management, and to provide basic analysis of budget information.
- Advanced problem solving, analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, interpret data, retrieve information and clearly and concisely communicate results.
- Good data mining skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Package.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written or oral form.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks with tight deadlines.Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.Good knowledge of English and Spanish.