WorldFish, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
The successful candidate is expected to be part of the Budget & Reporting Team.
- He/she will be engaged in management reporting e.g. prepare monthly dashboard for senior management as well as providing highlights to Project Accountants and Managers on Unallocated Time, Variance Analysis and Over/Under-spent Report.
- He/she will also : (a) assist HR (Compensation & Benefits) to ensure that all FTE have updated standard rates in the system, and (b) assist the Senior Accountant for Budget & Reporting to drive the annual budgeting process.
- This includes the preparation of budget templates for budget owners as well as the compilation and subsequent budget upload/update in the system.
The successful candidate is also expected to provide support on CRP Budgeting & Reporting in the following ways:
- Support the respective CRP Teams in financial analysis and reporting, including revising/updating their respective budgets/forecasts in the system, where necessary.
- Providing Program/Project Leaders with reports/analysis on expenses/spending, cost recovery and forecasts, and facilitate cross-charging between projects, where needed;
- Ensuring that all program/project expenses are booked/posted before the month-end Overhead program run.
- Working alongside the Senior Accountant for Budgeting & Reporting to ensure that the financial closing/reporting of all CRP Projects in 2016 is well-coordinated, and that all closure steps (per CGIAR) are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all CRP quarterly and annual reporting timelines are met.
- Working closely with Treasury to match in-coming funds from the CGIAR to billings.
Minimum qualification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/economics/management/business;
- Able to converse and write in the English language proficiently;
- Preferably has hands-on experience with ERP systems; and
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel.
- This position will be based in Penang, Malaysia.
- The initial employment contract will be for a three-year term, with possibility of renewal.
- This position is open to Malaysian.
- Subject to applicant status, salary and benefits will be in compliance with WorldFish remuneration policies.