Finance and Accounting Coordinator
IBCR , Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the administration, finance and human resources department, the incumbent assumes the coordination of the finance and accounting department of the office. These activities include the management of the staff of his department, the management of financial resources, and if necessary relations with donors and with the various partners, in collaboration with the other departments of the IBCR. The incumbent should be able to carry out assignments for short periods, which can represent up to about 5% of his or her schedule.
Orientations and strategies
In accordance with the policies, procedures and standards of the IBCR, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Be accountable for the coordination of the financial team for the budgetary monitoring of overseas projects according to the respect of contribution agreements as well as for the finances and accounting of the headquarters office according to internal policies.
- Develop financial and accounting tools that meet the needs of the programs and the organization, in line with the orientations of the administrative, financial and human resources department.
- Ensure the execution, monitoring and accuracy of financial and accounting analyzes, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual budget management of all IBCR projects, as well as IBCR's own funds and this thanks to the Microsoft GP Dynamics tool.
- Participate in the development of new projects in collaboration with other coordination and analyze project proposals and make the necessary recommendations to the administrative, financial and human resources management
- Produce IBCR development budgets
- Be responsible for setting up new projects in the Microsoft GP Dynamics system
- Ensure the compliance and validation of supporting documents and their timely registration in the accounting system
- Ensure the validity of all employees' payroll
- Be responsible for updating internal financial policies
- Be responsible for preparing annual audits.
- Report regularly to the management of the administrative, financial and human resources department on the progress of strategies, action plans, quality, budgets and deadlines established according to the objectives set.
- Manage the human resources of his team with a view to continuous improvement and in a spirit of collaborative and positive work promoting participation and innovation
- Train any new employee in the finance team on internal procedures, financial processes, payroll system and accounting system.
- Support the financial officers of the satellite offices of all IBCR projects
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of the various mandates executed by his team
- Ensure compliance with financial standards and procedures within the framework of IBCR projects
- Represent the organization, when required by the administrative, financial and human resources management at events or activities
- Perform all other related tasks related to the mandate and proper functioning of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- University degree in accounting / finance or financial management with strong knowledge of financial standards in Canada.
- Minimum of 6 years in a position of Accountant Controller, Financial Analyst or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of the accounting cycle
- In-depth knowledge of the audit cycle
- In-depth knowledge of the payroll cycle
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in positions of equivalent responsibility in the international development sector, plus two years in team management.
- Superior mastery of EXCEL and computer science (macro, dynamic cross tab,)
- Sense of responsibility.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the financial monitoring and reporting tools of the World Agency Canada, international agencies and the UN system.
- Excellent command of French, and / or English and / or Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft GP Dynamics.