Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
• You will work with the Department of Finance Business to build capacity within its Teaching/Training and research consultancy activities.
• You will provide advice on strengthening engagement with external stakeholders, mentor lecturers and strengthen the Institute’s research capabilities.
• You will also assist in establishing collaborative relationships with other teaching research organisations.
• This role will directly contribute towards the Government’s development priorities of human resource development and institutional strengthening, through upskilling government employees, and thereby enhancing Bhutan’s public services.
• PhD in a related field
Essential Minimum Experience:
• 5 years of teaching experience at tertiary education level
• Experience in carrying out research activities in relevant fields
• Experience in providing consultancy services
• Computer and internet skills
• Experience in the use of models (eg: SWOT analysis)
• The currency of Bhutan is the Ngultrum (BTN). Internet banking is not widely available.
• Bhutanese people wear their national dress (Gho for men Kira for women) almost every day, in all offices (strictly in government offices), religious places, schools functions. Western clothes are
preferred outside of work foreigners are not expected to wear the national dress
• Bhutan society is very hierarchical. Volunteers will be expected to treat their workplace superiors important dignitaries respectfully to refer to them by title, not name
• Social relations maintaining relationships form a core part of Bhutanese society.
• It is important to be polite, diplomatic patient in your communications, as straightforwardness can be perceived as
• Mahayana Buddhism is the state religion Buddhist values the guide daily lives of the Bhutanese.
• Hinduism is the second largest religion
• Dzongkha is the national language but several local dialects are also spoken.
• English is one of the two official working languages is widely used. English is used in offices schools
• Bhutan is a constitutional monarchy. The monarch is a titular head of the state is widely revered respected in the country
• Assistance with the identification of suitable, secure affordable accommodation will be provided by the In-Country Management Team the host organisation.
Preparing Your Application
• It is recommended that you have the following documentation prepared in order to be uploaded/entered into the online application system: - An electronic version of your CV to copy into our online template, - Statement against selection criteria
• Q1. Individually address each assignment outcome and consider what they might involve. In relation to these outcomes, provide evidence of the skills and experience you would bring to the role and the host organisation. (max. 800 words)
• Q2. Why have you chosen to volunteer at this time within this role and location? (max. 300 words)
• Q3. Discuss the challenges that you would anticipate adjusting to living in this location and volunteering in this role. Outline the strategies you would use to overcome these. (max. 400 words)
• Scanned copy of your PR visa and Medicare card (if applicable)
• If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.volunteering.scopeglobal.com/assignments/AV0716BT05