- Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
- For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
- Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
- Project Overview and Role
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
The purpose of the Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU) project is to enhance the host country's capacity to produce high-quality health information, and efficiently manage this information to encourage evidence-based decision making. This project will work with host country health managers, health workers and other stakeholders to strengthen the health information management and planning enabling environment to improve harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection and improve monitoring and tracking of national level health trends and priorities.
Palladium seeks a Finance and Administration Director to oversee and assure processes and activities are well supported, compliant, timely, on budget and operationally efficient. S/he will ensure accurate tracking and recording of project expenditures and development of all required financial, operational and risk mitigation reports required by the client or Palladium headquarters. S/he will oversee the F&A junior and mid-level staff as well as provide direct oversight to the human resources and finance staff for the life of the project. S/He will coordinate and liaise with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, and USAID and other donors as needed. The Finance and Administration Director reports directly to the Project Director in activity implementation and management.
- Design, maintain, and provide training on financial management systems for the project including charge codes, field vouchers, budgeting, cost share, ACF management, pipelines, forecasting
- Review/approve and provide budgetary guidance on all field support workplans, track and catalogue all new project obligations by FY, country, funding source, review expenditures for anomalies, oversee monthly revenue to ensure spending is on target with forecasts.
- Complete all financial reporting and handle ad hoc requests for financial data and information, keep leadership and USAID apprised of financial issues/problems/status on regular basis
- Manage partner actions and relations; including obligations, sublease assignments, annual audit reports, and VAT reporting
- Provide senior oversight, direction, and training for project-related operations from project start-up to closeout
- Provide orientation and refresher training re project structure and operational and finance procedures for all staff and maintain up-to-date orientation presentations and other related training material
- Develop and review project processes and systems to ensure successful implementation of project activities
- Complete quarterly SF-425 and bi-annual baseline reports for USAID
- Lead and review workplanning and budgeting processes and provide standard costing principles and labor analyses
- Liaise with other functional departments (Operations, HR, Contracts, F&A, FM, and Compliance as needed) for staffing, coverage, performance, etc.
- Participate in senior Management meetings for project and at USAID
- Participate in PLT meetings
- Supervise operations and finance staff that support the project
- In-depth knowledge and skills for large scale project in operations, finance and HRH functions
- Intimate familiarity with USAID budget procedures and processes, including Operations, Human Resources, Contracts, Finance and Accounting, and Compliance
- Ability to lead finance and operations teams to successfully prepare and manage budgets
- Proven ability to engage partner organizations to accomplish program goals
- Strong supervision skills and ability to facilitate finance and operational teams' integration into field teams to ensure smooth operation
Education and Experience:
- MBA or equivalent credential in finance or operations
- At least 10 years' experience in a senior position managing finance and operations of large USAID projects, including managing field programs
- Experience working with field teams, including supervising and providing training to field Finance and operations teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to leverage and manage partnerships and cooperate with international partners
- Flexibility to changing work environments and conditions
- Excellent inter-personal and supervisory skills, including the demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to think and plan strategically
- Fluency in written and spoken English and a foreign language desired