At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
The Finance and Administrative Manager is responsible for the overall management and provision of key support services, such as operational accounting, financial reporting, auditing, office administration, procurement, and ensuring contract and donor compliance. The Finance and Administrative Manager reports to the Team Leader and or Country Director.
- Establish and implement proper financial management systems and processes that provide accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions in line with organizational requirements.
- Timely record all financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles supported by relevant and verifiable source documents.
- Timely preparation and submission of invoice / financial report to funders based on the agreed schedules.
- Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed, as applicable, to resolve unreconciled differences.
- Prepare accurate and timely budget monitoring and progress reports of programme funds.
- Provide financial management advice on revisions of budgets, preparing periodical forecasts and changes needed.
- Monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring Pact Nepal liquidity at all times. This includes preparation of cash flow forecasts on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Manage and reconcile bank and cash accounts, prepare weekly cash counts and monthly financial records including cashbooks.
- Design and implement sound internal control system to safe guard assets, financial records and documents of the organization, and in compliant with Pact and donors rules and regulations
- Shoulder overall responsibility of administrative functions.
- Manage procurement and inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Manage HR administration in accordance to organization’s internal regulation.
- Supervise the finance administrative officers, if any.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS (or equivalent) in accounting, finance or related field. Higher degree or certification preferable.
- Minimum five years of experience managing/supervising finance department.
- Experience with donor-funded programs (DFID preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required
- English fluency, both written and verbal, is required.