Job Purpose & Organizational Context
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will provide necessary financial and administrative support to the Accelerator Lab, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Economist team.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will promote a client, quality and results-oriented approach performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Finance and Admin Assistant will work in close collaboration with the Operations and Finance units in the CO to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance and Admin Assistant is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Ensure full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes
- Maintain financial records and keep systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to day transactions and reports;
- Maintain expenditure ledgers and updated approval levels by source of funds using ATLAS system for projects managed by the division;
- Process payment requests from implementing agencies, selected states and other partners and vendors as per UNDP rules
- Ensure timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions and unapproved vouchers
- Create e-requisitions, purchase orders (POs), register goods receipts in Atlas/ERP system
- Follow up with vendors on timely receipt of invoices and correct documentation for processing payments to be sent to GSSU
- Provide support in finalization of Annual Work Plans (preparation of budget & financial component)
- Facilitate in revision of budgets, review expenses periodically in coordination with the finance unit and project management team & revise the annual work plan
- Assist in conducting management and financial audit of projects
- Organize travel including booking of tickets and DSA calculation through the Travel & Request module in Atlas
- Support units in organization of workshops, events, seminars and retreats including logistical assistance such as travel arrangement, hotel bookings, IT arrangements, coordination between different units etc.
- Participate in finance related meetings convened by the donors and support delivery review meetings
- Draft responses to emails and letters, minutes of meetings, format presentations and document brief
- Provide support for coordinating interviews, processing requests for contract management.
- Coordinate with procurement team for advertisement of the positions and publishing in various medium for wider circulation
- Coordinate for shortlisting of CVs and facilitating interview process for the consultants
- Support the Accelerator Lab in all administrative and financial aspects and provide help in liaising and coordinating with various internal and external stakeholders for timely execution of various tasks
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation unit for the India Country Programme Midterm Review in terms of co-ordinating between project teams, state offices, government and private partners and any other follow up required
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation unit on audit process management
Others Miscellaneous activities:
- Coordinate with operational staff on financial systems, queries, reports, schedules, etc.;
- Follow up and maintain status of closing of projects
- Maintain finance related records and files
- Coordinate logistics support in terms of organizing workshops, liaison with Procurement and Travel Units to support travel arrangements and hotel accommodations for the project personnel and maintain related information;
- Maintain records related to equipment and supplies procured under the projects and prepare inventory lists for verification and submission to the Country Office; and
- Perform any other tasks assigned from time to time by the Unit
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the team
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in the subject area of the project, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Good knowledge of the results-based management of the projects
- Strong IT Skills
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations; evaluate information accurately and identify key issues for attention and necessary action by supervisor
- Strong analytical skills
- Client Orientation Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong facilitation skills
- High interpersonal skills, and ability to remain calm, in control and good humored under pressure
- Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in teams
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in commerce, finance, accounting or relevant disciplines.
- Additional Degree or Diploma in management or finance preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance and administration functions preferably in INGOs, International or Government Organizations
- Additional experience in procurement is desirable.
- Remuneration package starts at Rs. 77,809 /- per month (taxable).
UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.
UNDP strives to have a workforce which reflects diversity and gender balance, and applies an equal opportunities approach. All selections are on merit.