Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
The main tasks of the Administrative and Accounting Officer will include, but not be limited, to the following:
• Assist in ensuring that all staff follows financial policies and procedures
• Provide support to day-to-day project accounting operations;
• Preparing, calculating and submitting Personal Income Tax, Health and Social Insurance for submission to the government;
• In close consultation with the Operations Manager, ensure that all expenses made are reasonable; accurate and in compliance with cost principles procedures of the program as well as donor; all expenses are verified in the validity and accuracy of reliable, reasonable and approved by a designated person before payment;
• Responsible for preparing vouchers and recording the transactions into the accounting system in the right period and ensuring documentation is updated;
• Responsible for ensuring all financial supporting documents attached to payment are accurate and in compliance with policies and procedures and in-line with approved budget;
• Entering accurate records of all payment transactions input to accounting software (ACCPAC);
• Assist in preparing consolidated financial reports and project financial reports for donors;
• Assist with reconciliation of monthly balance sheet and accounts to ensure that advances and balance are in line with the clearance plan.
• Monitoring cash flow, managing petty cash and bank accounts;
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with TRAFFIC standard practices, according to the TRAFFIC Financial Policy and Procedures Manual (FPPM);
• Contributes to team objectives by accomplishing accounting tasks as assigned;
• Provide logistical and administrative support to project activities and office operations;
• Perform other tasks as required by the Operations Manager and Head of Office;
• Alert the line manager to any problems or issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business management, business administration or related fields;
• Good knowledge of principles, procedures and methods used in financial management and local laws and regulations impacting financial management;
• Hands-on practical knowledge of financial and accounting reporting systems, standards and practices;
• Experience in implementing and monitoring compliance with finance and accounting systems, policies and procedures;
• Minimum of 2 years working experience as a bookkeeper, or accountant with strong accounting skills and administration management;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Word);
• Integrity & transparency;
• Strong attention in detail;
• Strong self-discipline;
• Strong spirit of teamwork and interpersonal skills with collaborative style;
• Ability to balance multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines;
• Flexible and willingness to take on jobs as per required by the Operations Manager and Head of Office;
• Good oral and written communication skills in Vietnamese and English.
• All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Viet Nam.