Finance and Administrative Officer
World Vision, Châtelaine, Switzerland
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Finance and Administration Officer contributes to the optimal functioning of the WVI Geneva branch/association. She/he ensures the smooth running of daily financial matters and supports the administration. She/he will be part of the Global Capital team and will report to the Location Leader for the Geneva office. This is a part-time position (10 hours/week).
The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for the smooth running of the global accounting of the office and for the regular delivery of general accounts ensuring compliance with existing governmental and WVI reporting requirements:
- Ensure monthly analytical accounting is done properly using the Sun 6 finance system: create, register and disseminate to correct recipients and departmental cost centres all outgoing invoices, settlement advice, expense declarations etc.
- Produce monthly analytical accounting with comments and analyses.
- Enter payments to be made into the on-line banking system and ensure payments are duly signed and timely done.
- Monitor accounts to be received and follow up on late payments.
- Partner with Global Treasury department in coordinating the Treasury management needs of the office.
- Prepare accounts for processing by externally contracted accountant (monthly).
- Provide input into annual budget cycle and follow-up.
- Manage provider’s, client’s and bank’s mails.
- Prepare financial overviews and analyses for presentation to Board and General Assembly of the organization.
- Annual closing account: prepare all documentation necessary for the annual audit and work closely together with external auditor, together with external accountant (annually).
- Manage relationship with the bank, including managing and administering corporate credit cards and follow up of expenses bills.
- Order and payment of lunch-vouchers for employees.
- Coordination and payment of government mandated social security contributions, local legislative fees and vendor invoices.
- Thorough Review of payroll report prior to senior level approval.
General Office Operations:
Ensuring the smooth running of the office:
- Ensure daily administrative management of the office and assist in resolving day-to-day problems.
- Ensure that administrative office procedures and established standards are adhered to and maintained in all aspects of work and ensuring that all organization related administration is kept in accordance with legal requirements.
- Oversee contacts with local suppliers, procurements and invoicing.
- Ensuring all necessary insurance coverage has been contracted and is applied in accordance with legal requirements and internal rules.
- Ensure Geneva office complies with World Vision's administrative requirements.
- Ensure efficient service provision for in-house and external meetings by the administrative support staff.
People & Culture/Human Resources:
- Coordinate the local recruitment process of the office including onboarding for new hires, exit interviews for exiting staff, support training needs and performance management processes.
- Partner with global center staffing to ensure all contracts issued comply with local employment legislative requirements.
- Manage the annual leave and holiday reports for the office and ensure weekly reports of staff attendance and work from home schedules are managed and recorded effectively.
- Ensure all payroll changes & incidents; (new hires, salary changes, leaves, disabilities, separations, etc) are accurately compiled and sent on time to the external payroll bureau monthly.
- Provide liaison with immigration and support new/existing staff with work permit renewals/extensions, immigration fees ensuring statutory compliance.
- Support employees in clarifying and interpreting local policy, practices, procedures and legal issues escalating where necessary to reporting manager and or global center P&C.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Relevant qualifications in finance, accounting, human resource, administration or significant equivalent work experience in these areas.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel and use of pivot tables.
- Good basic accounting skills and ability to administer complex charts of accounts and accounting systems.
- 2-3 years HR and administration experience.
- Advanced knowledge of written and spoken French & English.
- Good knowledge of local labour, employment and immigration laws.