Finance and Grants Officer
FHI 360, Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
The Finance and Grants Officer will provide financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. Moreover, S/he will provide technical support to Finance Manager in conducting pre-award assessment, to review financial information of subaward package, the subaward financial reports and documentation, as well as build capacity and provide recommendations to Implementing Agency (IA) for improvement.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Disbursement, Reporting and Budgeting – the incumbent will :
- Maintain all books of account for the Networks for Peace project.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, travel reimbursements, etc.
- Prepare monthly cash requests to APRO/Finance within ten working days of end-month.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports for advances; prepare wire transfer.
- Check for compliance and completeness of submitted documents for financial disbursement
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Coordinate Finance/ Audit Committee in all finance related matters (e.g opening/ closing accounts, grant agreement letters)
- Serve as focal point for financial coordination of project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational units to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on finance actions, e.g. authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Assist in the pre-award assessment (PAT). PAT is a standard financial assessment conducted to get a better sense of our partners’ financial management, accounting, procurement, property and commodities management systems is what FHI 360 conducts with all of its partners before issuing any subaward and disbursing finding. (If required)
- Coordinate with implementing partners on monitoring and tracking use of financial resources/ grants/ sub-grants.
- Assist the process in developing and maintaining comprehensive guideline to managing IA and improve IA capacity
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports on monthly basis and according to grant agreement deadlines.
- Arrange filing, storage and systematize network’s financial, grants/donors and registration documents in accordance with the Thai legislation and regulation.
- Conduct thorough reviews and ensure timely and accurate submission of all IA’s Monthly Financial Report (MFR) and reconciliation in accordance with sub-grant agreement. Financial reports should be reviewed in conjunction with programmatic objectives/reports to ensure consistency.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Related program of study such as accounting, finance, commerce and/or business administration. strongly preferred.
- Proven grants and financial management experience in an international or non-governmental organization (5+ years) in a multi-funder environment required.
- Experience in managing sub-grants
- Excellent command of Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- Computer proficiency (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Quickbooks);
- Fluent in Thai and English(listening, speaking, reading, writing).
- Experience working with community-based organizations in Asia-Pacific or in multi-cultural settings.