Finance and Operations Associate
IREX, Tunis, Tunisia
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Finance and Operations Associate will be responsible for implementing all aspects of
- financial and administrative needs for the IREX/Tunisia country office including finance and
- accounting entries, procurement, logistics, human resources documentation, and
- operational needs. The Finance and Operations Associate will support program staff in
- preparing financial reports, maintaining currency flow control, office administration, and
- purchasing. The Finance and Operations Associate will report to IREX Country Operations
- Manager coordinate closely with IREX Program and Finance staff based in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance & Accounting :
- Accurately recording and reporting all transactions through the QuickBooks accounting software system.
- Preparing and reconciling bank statements and accounts;
- Maintaining and monitoring all active accounts to ensure accurate records of all project funds;
- Preparing and processing payments through SAP Concur
- Preparing payment reconciliations;
- Assisting in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and transaction reports;
- Preparing monthly wire requests for IREX office and programs.
- Maintaining financial files and records;
- Distribute and maintain accurate petty cash records in accordance with organizational policy
- Ensuring that all procurement is in compliance with local government, U.S. Government and IREX regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintaining the office payroll records and preparing employee payment;
- Processing all payroll tax obligations to the appropriate local government agencies;
- Maintaining all office Human Resource files;
- Assisting with office inventory;
- Primary liaising for office facilities and lease;
- Assisting with logistics of programmatic activities;
- Assisting with travel arrangements for international consultants/HQ staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tunisian or Legal Resident of Tunisia with Authorization to Work;
- University experience; in possession of a degree/diploma in the field of Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration;
- 2-3 years of experience and knowledge of relevant tasks.
- 1-2 years working with NGOs in finance and administration is preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software package preferred;
- Experience with SAP Concur invoice preferred;
- Knowledge and experience managing office financial and administrative environments;
- Knowledge and experience with Tunisian local tax and reporting process;
- Experience working with US government funding;
- Professional commitment and work ethic;
- English fluency required.