Finance and Payroll Officer
Committed To Good, Baghdad, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
CTG is looking for a Finance and payroll officer, for controlling of the budget for the project and ensuring payroll completed with in contracted time lines. dealing with staff enquiry's on payments and local taxes.
- Review and adjust project expenditures/obligations against approved budget
- Create GLJEs and ensure their accurateness and validity before submitting to HQ
- Review and confirm appropriateness of operational transactions processes through the interpretation and determination of applicable policies rules, and regulations.
- Operate the Imprest Account and disbursing funds, including local and regional bank accounts, operational advances and petty cash.
- Maintain liaison with the local and regional banks and monitor services provided, follow up on all pending transactions as and if needed.
- Supervise the release of monthly payroll for personnel
- Prepare bank reconciliation. Analyze discrepancies and take action as required
- Analyze reports, investigate and prepare adjustment as required
- Prepare recurring, ad-hoc or special financial reports as required
- Attain and coordinate forecast expenditure for the following month’s activities and prepare request for replenishment.
- Ensure all appropriate billing actions are taken expeditiously, within appropriate procedures.
- Communicate with colleagues/clients on areas requiring verification, correction, additional information, etc. to improve quality of outputs and increase knowledge base in the process
- Ensure that the day to day work is in line with the internal control framework of the organization.
- Support internal and external audit activities and act as finance focal point as and if needed.
- Conduct training / briefing sessions on financial related issues to the different departments/staff within the Hub.