World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The World Vision (WV) Zimbabwe Finance and Support Services Director provides overall leadership, oversight, and management support for all aspects of financial management in the National Office. This position is seen as a strategic partner; member of the Senior Management/Leadership Team of the National Office (NO), with a focus on ensuring accountability, stewardship, coordinating planning and budgeting processes, providing accurate financial data, analysis, and advice; as well as developing financial strategy that best serves the NO strategic and programme objectives. Responsible for the finance staff capacity strengthening, the development and implementation of good internal controls, risk management, and utilization and safe guarding of assets according to WV approved policies and procedures.
The WV Zimbabwe Finance and Support Services Director provides leadership to the Supply Chain team ensuring that the procurement of organizational resources is executed effectively, efficiently, and economically. Ensure the national office is optimally staffed to timely procure & deliver project supplies per grants donor guidelines and WV policies.
The WV Zimbabwe Finance and Support Services Director provides overall leadership to the ICT team and ensure that the office has reliable, sufficient connectivity and the organization’s information systems and resources are adequately protected.
The WV Zimbabwe Finance and Support Services Director provides overall leadership to the Administration function ensuring that the national office is effectively supported and staff have a clean, secure, and hospitable place to work.
Leadership, Capacity Development, and Strategic Partnering
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance department ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance, supply chain, IT and administration staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, SunSystems, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.); and succession planning.
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership and support spiritual development of his/her team.
- Actively contribute to and participate in the NO Senior Leadership team meetings.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic regional meetings.
- Facilitate ND, Operations, and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements.
- Ensure partnership finance policies and procedures are understood by Senior Management, Operations/Technical staff, Communities, Local Partners and Board, as appropriate.
- Develop strong networks internally (other NOs, SOs and partnership entities) and externally (other INGOs, banking entities, corporates and communities, etc.) through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
- Promote shared resource networks within the region, and the partnership.
- Adhere to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and covenant of partnership.
- Ensure adequate cost efficiency and effectiveness measures are in place and are being followed through:
- Providing cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services, in collaboration with the Supply Chain team
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- In collaboration with other NO Directors, advise the ND on strategic resource acquisition and allocation in line with RWG/VIR (Regional Working Group /Virtual Investment Review) recommendations approved by the Regional Leader.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process and provide technical support, to ensure global and regional guidelines are met, as well as to chart and execute a strategy in the midst of changing constraints and circumstances.
- Review alignment of budgets between National Office, projects, grants, MyPBAS, and Support Offices and ensure effective and efficient cost recovery practices are followed.
- Control of WV Zimbabwe budget, cash flow and project funding, by providing timely and relevant information to budget managers, in collaboration with the Operations Leader.
- Contribute to the development of WV Zimbabwe strategic direction and priorities.
- Fiscal Accounting, Compliance, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Design and manage systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of WV assets, resources and operations.
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting to the Partnership and to internal users.
- Define and implement efficient and effective internal control systems.
- Adhere to partnership policies, procedures and guidelines as stipulated in the WVI Financial Manual and other documents, including – but not limited to: grant compliance, planning & budgeting, year-end closing, carryforward, accounting and reporting.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate submission of financial reports in Notes FFR (Field Financial Reporting) database.
- Review the reconciliation of MyPBAS to FFR monthly with action plan for addressing outstanding items.
- Provide regular analysis of ADP/Grant financial reports and timely feedback to ADP/Grant managers for decision making
- Ensure NO Finance, Supply Chain, IT and admin staff visit Programs/Projects to monitor accountability issues, follow up on implementation of audit findings and provide support as needed.
- Financial Risk Management and Controls
- Manage appropriate financial systems and controls and ensure they are in place to avoid significant finance audit risk ratings, both at the NO and project levels.
- Coordinate management responses to finance audits performed to the NO and projects; ensure they are sent on time to the Audit Department; and that finance related audit recommendations are implemented timely at all levels.
- Coordinate adequate preparation for GC and external audits.
- Manage Financial Risk.
- Implement anti-corruption and fraud strategies
Supply Chain Management
- Coordinate and ensure an optimal interface between the supply chain and business units for efficient customer service delivery.
- Improve IT Infrastructure and Provide Quality Service
- Ensure improved office/programs connectivity
- Facilitate and ensure preparation of and adherence to computer usage policies
IT Security and Integrity
- Ensure office disaster preparedness and policies are updated to include new technologies, trends, and threats.
- Ensure that WV staff and assets are secured, safe, and well maintained; oversee logistics coordination
- Ensure that WV provides quality hospitality services to staff and visitors
- Responsible for vehicle procurement, management, and maintenance.
- Manage financial risk and fiscal integrity
- Manage complex funding arrangements across multiple funding streams
- Establish financial operations
- Ensure a safe workplace
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or a related field.
- MBA in Finance, Masters in Business Leadership(MBL), MSC in Finance/Accounting/Auditing preferred
- CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance management leadership position
- Knowledge of government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements is key
- Ability to manage multiple revenue sources
- Experience of treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems is preferred.
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Experience working in a challenging operating environment is an added advantage
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Highly flexible and agile in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Experience with planning and forecasting
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Sound networking and engaging skills
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally
- Demonstrates systems thinking
- Champions and Manages Innovation
- Must be able to lead and manage a team.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & ProVision.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.