Finance and Support Services Manager
World Vision, Lubumbashi, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide overall oversight and management support for all aspects of financial management in the Zonal Office with a focus on ensuring accountability, stewardship, coordinating planning and budgeting processes, providing accurate financial data, analysis, and advice.
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the zonal finance, ICT, Supply Chain and Administration units ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of zonal support services staff through adequate orientation, on the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, SunSystems, grant management, risk management, etc.); and succession planning.
- Work with Finance & Support Services Director and Zonal Director to define and implement efficient and effective internal control systems for the zone.
- Ensure partnership finance policies and procedures are understood by Senior Management, Operations/Technical staff, Communities, Local Partners as appropriate.
- Review alignment of budgets between projects, grants, MyPBAS, and Support Offices and ensure effective and efficient cost recovery practices are followed.
- Providing cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services, in collaboration with the Supply Chain.
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting to the NO, donors, internal units.
- Review all Balance Sheet Accounts ensuring that all items over 30 days are cleared.
- Adhere to partnership policies, procedures and guidelines as stipulated in the WVI Financial Manual and other documents, including – but not limited to: grant compliance, planning & budgeting, year-end closing, carryforward, accounting and reporting.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate submission of financial reports in Notes FFR (Field Financial Reporting) database, variances are explained and corrective actions are taken.
- Review the reconciliation of MyPBAS to FFR monthly with action plan for addressing outstanding items.
- Ensure Finance staff visit Programs/Projects to monitor accountability issues, follow up on implementation of audit findings and provide support as needed.
- Coordinate Grants budgets preparation and submission in collaboration with Grants Finance Manager and GAM Team.
- In collaboration with the Grant Finance Manager, provide regular analysis of zonal Grant financial reports and timely feedback to Grant managers for decision making.
- Coordinate management responses to audits performed for projects; ensure they are sent on time to the Audit.
- Department; and that finance related audit recommendations are implemented timely at all levels.
- Attend daily chapel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or a related field.
- ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent preferred.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Highly flexible and agile in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrates systems thinking.
- Champions and Manages Innovation.
- Must be able to lead and manage a team.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & ProVision.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance management position.
- Experience with planning and forecasting.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally.
- Proficiency in written and spoken French & English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of local accounting system preferred.
- Experience of treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets and an understanding of data processing.
- concepts and systems is preferred.
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
- Experience working in a challenging environment (either in a fragile context or a relief environment is preferred).
- World Vision experience preferred.
- French or Swahili preferred.